Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gandek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2017
I have a smart battery case on my 11 Pro. Been hesitant bringing it out to beach and near the water so I don’t get it wet. I have plenty of cases to swap into so it’s no problem tbh, but I’d like to hear how your guys experience is.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
I have a smart battery case on my 11 Pro. Been hesitant bringing it out to beach and near the water so I don’t get it wet. I have plenty of cases to swap into so it’s no problem tbh, but I’d like to hear how your guys experience is.

I’ve often wondered this and would like to know. Out of curiosity as I nearly bought one myself before!

trevpimp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2009
Inside A Mac Box
It handles splashes of water (brushing teeth, washing hands) getting a couple drops here and there but I don't think the phone case is waterproof. So still don't get it wet. BTW the iPhone 11 Pro/Max Smart Battery case is awesome

My advice: Don't get it wet

Gandek

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 7, 2017
It handles splashes of water (brushing teeth, washing hands) getting a couple drops here and there but I don't think the phone case is waterproof. So still don't get it wet. BTW the iPhone 11 Pro/Max Smart Battery case is awesome

My advice: Don't get it wet
Yes it’s very useful on trips. I will use up the actual battery case in the day instead of the phone.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
I guess it would short circuit somehow if wet? That could be the end for the phone too..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.