Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kinseek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
I`m soon getting a nice 15" Powerbook with s-video out, which I`m wondering how well it will work. I`m thinking how will for instance movies in full-screen look? Acceptable/perfect? How does general usage of the OS look? Very low-rez and hard to see? Are there any issues using it with a widescreen tv? Is the s-video/component adapter any good? Basically if tv-out from a powerbook is nice feature or not.

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Presume its a conventional crt-tv? If so, dvd playback is as good as a standalone dvd player. The OS looks pap and blurry though, so not really usable. I've tried a couple of resolutions, but generally not that great. Haven't got the s-video working in anything but black and white, but thats just down to my tv settings whihc I haven't figured out yet, so I've just been using the composite cable, and thats definately been good enough.

I think its definately a feature worth having - has come in handy for a couple of movies and even (as sad as this sounds) a picture slideshow :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.