Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
It could be hardware, but if it is just showing up in Windows perhaps it's something else.

For giggles, look at the acceleration setting on the mouse settings with in the Control Panel. If not there, see if you have Intlitools running.

Also check to make sure you haven't activated some sort of accessibility tool by pressing shift too long (I believe it's 4 or 5 seconds in XP to activate it).

Lastly, I'd check for processes running in the background that you may not be aware of. Spyware or something else. It's worth a shot, and as this may not be a Microsoft Certified source,

If one of your LAN buddies installed or gave you the disk, I might be a little suspicious.

If the laptop had a mini-DIN connector, the appearance of lag can occur when the connector is faulty or the controller is damaged. As your useing USB, I couldn't think of why there would be a problem, unless your running over 15 feet of USB cable.

flashzoom

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2006
thanks guys

thanks guys for all the tips.

I'll give it a try, if still doesn't work, I'll check with the apple store.

thanks!!

flashzoom

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2006
finally!!! problem solved

HI guys,
just thought I post my solution here.
I finally solved the problem on my own, no thanks to apple support team!
I've try to talk to the apple store, and make appointment online to get my macbook tested out, but apperently they are too busy, got no slot open at all to even let me make appointments.
I was just about to give up and return my unit.
I thought i would give one last try.
since my mouse only skip or lag during some type of opening folders, programs process, while running on only battery power.
I thought it might have something to do with the enerygy saving power management tools.
so I played with the intel graphic display settings. there is a control called " Intel (R) Display Power Sving Technology" bar.
I trun that feature off, which solved the problem.
I think it was saving too much power, which cause the graphic processing part to lag, whenever I open some type of program or files.
so...i guess everything is good now.
thanks everyone for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.