How well was best buy stocked with the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mossme89, Apr 28, 2010.

1. mossme89 macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I'm want to get the wifi + 3G iPad when it comes out from best buy. I have like $200 in best buy gift cards im getting on the 6th of May. Do you think best buy would have 3G ipads in stock on the 6th or 7th? How was it with the original launch?

2. diabolic macrumors 68000

You can only guess what they'll have.

Even now, it's hard to find the wifi iPad in stock unless you time it just right.

3. elleana macrumors regular

Depends on your local best buy. There were report of some best buys with queues forming in the morning and being sold out half an hour after opening, yet some people could saunter in at 4 in the afternoon and pick one up.

4. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

True. People who did not saunter didn't get one. It was sad, very sad. :D

5. mossme89 thread starter macrumors 6502

But do you think things would have died down a bit if i get one a week later (may 6-7) after school (3PM)?

6. Hmac macrumors 68020

After the US launch Apple has to get these things to their international customers "by late May". That particular market segment represents 58% of their market, and the demand overseas appears to be little different than it's been here in the US.

I think the "walk into a store and buy an iPad" concept is going to be a dicey deal for quite awhile yet.