How well will iOS 7 Run on Iphone 4s

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by AnAmishRebel, Sep 18, 2013.

1. AnAmishRebel macrumors newbie

Hey all!

Firstly, I apologize if this has already been answered- but I could not find a direct answer.

I own a Iphone 4s and really would like to upgrade to iOS 7. I was wondering if the Iphone 4s can handle the extra processing iOS 7 requires. I do not want my phone to be slowed down or for the battery to die fast. Besides all the bugs being reported, should I upgrade my Iphone 4s?

I appreciate all the help!

2. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I have been running it on my 4S for a while and it seems to be running fine performance wise. There was one 4S owner that was complaining about a slow keyboard, but he fixed it by "reseting all settings".

3. AnAmishRebel thread starter macrumors newbie

So you don't notice any preformance issues? I guess it's a bit too early to tell about the battery life. But coming from someone whose old Iphone 3g basically got bricked by the Ios4 update- I always like to be careful :)

4. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

If you want to be sure there is no hurry in upgrading. Check back here over the next few days and keep reading the iOS 7 4S threads (there are a few of them) to see how things are going with it.

People on here have been running this version (including those with 4S) since the 10th.

5. pittpanthersfan macrumors 6502

pittpanthersfan

Honestly, it seems to be much smoother than iOS 6 on my 4S.