How well would BF: BC2 run on the new 27 iMac Base Model + 12GB RAM

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by e5volcano, Nov 6, 2010.

1. e5volcano macrumors regular

Hey guys, I am thinking of getting Battlefield Bad Company 2 and running it through Bootcamp (with Windows Vista 64bit) on my newest iMac 27 inch model.

So the specs are:
    However, one thing I did upgrade was the RAM to 12GB, if that makes a difference.

The minimum requirements for the game is
    While the recommended is:
    Can you guys tell me the ideal resolution/settings for me to get at least 60 FPS constant?

Thanks

2. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

That game runs fine on my 21.5 inch with the same graphics card. Not sure on the FPS but it does run nicely and with the extra RAM can't see encouraging many problems.

3. TMRaven macrumors 68020

TMRaven

No, the 12gb ram won't make a difference.

The ideal resolution should always be your native resolution personally, and you'll be at a little disadvantage compared to our friend's 21.5 inch iMac with same card.

According to benchmarks, that card can run bad company 2 pretty decently up to high on the graphics presets, but going from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440 will subtract about 10fps on average, so you should be pretty safe running it at medium at native resolution. Also take into affect another 5-10 fps going from their tested laptop resolutions to 1080p resolution. Hell, you might be able to run it at high at native resolution if you take off AA, AA drastically impacts performance, and usually doesn't really make much of a difference at such a high resolution.

4. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Good luck with that, it will fail big time. That card wont even give you 60fps on medium on native res. 12GB of ram makes zero difference.

5. e5volcano thread starter macrumors regular

wow, 2 positive posts and things sounded good but then Ace's post is full of negativity :(

6. e5volcano thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone else play Bad Company 2 on their iMac?

7. Rawn macrumors newbie

Sure do. Clocked up over 200 hours on my early 2009 iMac. I run on low settings to get nice FPS but that doesn't effect the feel of the game. I love it.