How / When charging the Ipad 2 battery

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RICARDOVASCO, Aug 22, 2011.

1. RICARDOVASCO macrumors regular

Hi all. I'd like to know the right way to charge the Ipad 2 battery. Does it have cycles as Macbook laptops? I mean, once I unplug the A/C power cord it counts like 1 cycle? Do I need to use the Ipad until sleep and then recharge or better charging it in 15% ..10%... Once the Ipad 2 get 100% full charged , do I need to leave it with a/c cord plugged?
    How is the best way to use it and get a battery working for a long time.

Regards
    Ricardo

2. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Good question. I'd be curious to hear the answer as well. Many of these battery programs for the phone and touch recommend doing full discharge battery cycles/charges. If one assumes batteries are batteries, regardless of the device, I guess it makes sense to regularly discharge your device completely, then recharge.

3. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
  4. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

MacBook batteries don't work that way anymore. Unplugging does not mean you used a cycle. If it's fully charged and you used it to 50% today, then charge it overnight back to 100%, then use it to 50% again, that's one cycle. Just make sure that once per month you charge it fully, then completely discharge it by letting it run until the unit turns off.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipad.html