iPhone 7(+) How Widespread is the iPhone 7 "No Service" Issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aKansasKid, Oct 20, 2018.

1. aKansasKid macrumors regular

Anyone have an idea what percentage of U.S. iPhone 7's have actually experienced the "no service" issue (that Apple will repair)? 1%? 10%? 50%? I'd like to upgrade from my iPhone 6, but this makes me hesitant.

2. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

How could we possibly know?

Apple has identified the issue, how many devices were affected and will replace them free of charge.

3. Thai Suspended

Thai

Does not exist. Because every darn iPhone before Xs have had perfect cell reception. Xs is the first of its kind to ever have any cellular issues.

Reading this forum lately has been so informative. The above statements are what i have gathered from such exhaustive discussions.

4. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

What?

5. TheSkywalker77 macrumors 65816

TheSkywalker77

I personally haven't experienced it on my 7 Plus. (AT&T)

6. AppleHaterLover macrumors 68000

this is an iPhone 7 only problem.

7. Thai Suspended

Thai

Sorry sarcasm from recent threads.

8. Biko65 macrumors member

Biko65

Apart from iPhone 5, I've got 'em all, and this is the first time ever I noticed the "no carrier" problem on one of the Apple phones.
    I'm talking about the Xs : I'd say that once on two / three times, if the phone is in a truly "no service" zone, once the spot is cleared and I'm in a 4 bars 3G/4G place, the Xs doesn't get "conscious" again.
    Not even switching to airplane mode helps, it just remains like that, with "no carrier" : 100% of the times, rebooting the phone fix the problem.
    Any hint please ? I've never sent back any apple device so far...
    Andy

9. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Did you read the original post or thread title?

10. Biko65 macrumors member

Biko65

Yes, and since someone said "this is a an iPhone 7 issue only, I promptly reply it is not : also Xs is flawed.

11. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

How does that help the OP?

12. willmtaylor macrumors G4

willmtaylor

13. Biko65 macrumors member

Biko65

Twofold : 1) testimonying that my 7 plus did not have the issue ( as other reported ), and 2) that my Xs has it, so maybe, and I say maybe, given the symptoms it not only bound to 7plus.

14. aKansasKid thread starter macrumors regular

To clarify, the “No Service” problem Apple has identified is only for the 7 and not the 7+. Moreover, it’s not for intermittent no service situations. It’s when the iPhone 7 goes to “No Service” and stays there, even after rebooting or restoring. It’s a hardware fault. I just don’t know how widespread it is.

15. neteng101 macrumors 65816

So much for the almighty Qualcomm modem - the Intel modem models are not affected by this!

16. now i see it macrumors 68040

Buy an iPhone 7 from the Apple refurbished store. It'll definitely be working correctly.
    Refurbished iPhones (in my opinion) are better than "new" iPhones of the same model because the refurbished phone has gone through extensive testing and nothing will slip through. Quality control on brand new iPhones is a crapshoot. Lemons slip through all the time.

17. aKansasKid thread starter macrumors regular

Great idea! Unfortunately the only 7's they list now are 256GB silver and gold at $549. I may wait them out for a better selection.

18. Hornswon macrumors newbie

Hornswon

All I know is that the Apple store will not deal with the "no service" issue on my 7 unless it happens to occur while I am in the store! Have made numerous calls to Apple Care who tell me my phone is affected with the "no service" bug, and that Apple will repair or replace, but when I get to the store and it is working, they allege they can't do anything about it. REALLY FRUSTRATED with Apple right now!