How will/do you use your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DougFNJ, Mar 14, 2012.

1. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Haven't had one of these threads in awhile, always like to see how the use of these progresses......

I originally thought this would be a great web surfing device and Ereader. I have found it to be so much more.,,,,

Of course it does an incredible job surfing the web and reading E-Books. I have actually found myself reading more books these days. I also find it a lot more convenient to have Kindle, Nook, iBooks, and my previous EBooks all on 1 device.

It is now my newspaper, I no longer purchase newspapers in stores, I have the NY Post and The Daily and if desire more news, I surf the web.

I no longer purchase Magazines, either the magazines have released apps that are much better...they update more frequently, or Zinio has what I am looking for.

I am able to utilize Word Processing and Spreadsheets more efficiently, I prefer bringing my iPad out than my Laptop for numerous reasons.

Facetime and Skype are great. I have family in Florida, Upstate NY, and Pennsylvania that I don't get to see as often as I'd like, and friends in other countries so the front facing camera have allowed me to see them :)

I also purchased an SD Card Reader, I am doing my Honeymoon in Bermuda and look forward to being able to see larger size retina quality photos from our excursions.

And the Keyboard is definitely better than I anticipated when I initially thought it would be. I had bought a Bluetooth Keyboard anticipating needing it, I find I use that much more on my MacBook then my iPad.

And for long drives, and sitting a whole day on Jury Duty, as well as train trips to the city it has been an invaluable timekiller in multiple ways.

These are the main things I have loved about this device. I find the Laptop gets used more for Video Editing, and more power and the iPad has hijacked 80% of my computing needs.

How about you?

2. Bchagey macrumors 6502

web, email, eBay, games, music, movies, iBook store, Newstand

3. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

Web, email, news, blogs, eBooks, movies and music.

What I love about the iPad is that it doesnt heat up as a laptop does

4. camfunction macrumors member

5. harlex macrumors member

presenter at exhibitions for photographs, whilst my macbook pro and iMac are left running showing videos and slideshows. It is a great tool for this and for web and emails, I also use it as a note book/pad.

If you could put a handle on it it might even vacuum the floor for you it can do most things.

6. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Web, email, gaming; but mostly using the Remote app with the ATV to put on some music, or watch some old rugby games from my iTunes library.

It is very much a home device for me though, I only occasionally take it to the office, and I've never used it anywhere else.

7. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Hors D'oeurves serving platter or pizza stone for the Wi-Fi version and boomerang or straight edge for the LTE version.