How will e-mail come through on IOS 5 notifications center with fetch new data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Game 161, Sep 20, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Just wondering in IOS 5 receiving e-mail how will it work in terms of e-mail when i fetch every hour? will messages come through one by one in the banner at the top of the screen or will it just show one then the rest will appear in the notifications center?

2. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

you can set it as one by one, by none, or by the regular old way.

3. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Oh so there is an option in the notification center options for e-mail to set to send them through one at a time? thanks for that...wasn't sure how it would work through fetch.

4. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I don't think new emails pop up at the top of the screen I am pretty sure they are only in notification centre itself? Can someone still using the beta confirm?

5. jallenclark macrumors regular

New emails do popup in the Notification area at the top when using other apps, it is a setting of course but I have it on and it works for me.

6. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I dont have iOS 5, but can you disable the mail notifications from poping up. Are there settings to disable what notifications you want and dont want?

7. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

Yes.

You can choose by App (including the built in "Mail" and "Messages" apps) whether a notification shows:

a) Nothing
    b) Alerts (like iOS 4 and lower show for SMS messages)
    c) Banners (the "new style" alert)

You can also choose whether or not the App puts the notification count on its icon.

You can choose whether or not to show a preview as part of each notification.

You can also choose whether or not a notification appears in the Lock Screen.

8. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I'm glad we're getting such control about how our notifications work. This'll be a huge upgrade over the crap notifications we get now.

9. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

By default in iOS 5, Mail is set to not show in Notification Center.

When you switch it "on" so that it's enabled, you can then select the options as normal. That being, how notifications are displayed (banner at the top or box alert in the middle of the screen), as well as choosing whether or not the notifications appear in the Lockscreen.

10. PhoneI macrumors 65816

Agreed. Since I installed the beta, it has totally changed the way I use my iPhone. I also really love when playing a game, an unobtrusive popup will appear when getting a text, email, Facebook or something else and then disappear without me doing anything.