How will Final Cut X be updated?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by brutusvimes, Jun 17, 2011.

1. brutusvimes macrumors member

When updates for Final Cut Pro X arrive, does anyone know whether these will be distributed through the App Store or through the current system (Software Updates)? And if they're distributed through the App Store, does that mean we have to redownload the application every time? Thanks in advance.

2. cgbier macrumors 6502a

FCP X is not an update. Supposedly it is complete new code throughout the whole app.
    According to Apple, there will be delta updates for new software from the App Store in future.

3. brutusvimes thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear. My question wasn't on the nature of FCP X - I know it's a new codebase. My question was about what would happen after FCP X got released.

Ah, I see. Would this mean that the old "Software Update" would get removed?

4. drewyboy macrumors 65816

Yeah updates will come through the App Store for FCPX, at least from my understanding of what was said that is what will happen.

I dont believe so, but someone w/ Lion DP can pipe in. Software updates I believe will still be used for os system updates rather than app updates. So 2 update channels. One for apps, and other for OS.

5. martinX macrumors 6502a

martinX

By the power of Greyskull.

And,yes, little updates via the app store interface.