How will I get my free bumper? (Buy iPhone 4 in UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcia, Aug 12, 2010.

1. jcia macrumors member

Hi,

I will be going to Birmingham UK in September (currently I live in Germany) and I will be buying an iPhone 4 at the apple store there, I was just wondering how I could get my free bumper/case from Apple. Has anyone done this and how did you get your bumper.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. brewno macrumors 6502

You download an application at the iTunes store for your iPhone, and you order it from there. There are sereral choices. Mine was supposed to arrive in September, now they just sent an email saying they posted it!

3. jcia thread starter macrumors member

Thank you, but I only will be there for 3 days, so I can't order it from the apple store in the UK otherwise it will ask me for my UK address which I will no longer have (moving for good to Germany) so would it be possible to order it from the German apple store, even though I bought it in the UK?

Sorry if I'm not clear, I know basically how the Bumper program works if I order it to the same country where I bought it but I don't know how it works in my case. Thanks.

4. brewno macrumors 6502

My best guess would be: download the program from the german iTunes store. :confused:

5. Absrnd macrumors regular

Absrnd

the case order is coupled to your iTunes account, and will use that address !

even to log into iTunes you will get the notice you can only buy items from your country (if you connected your account to your own country).
    you then download the app run it and choose your case.

if you want your new German address, you need to create a new account, with the new address, or change the one you have.