Other how will i sync?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zoran, Apr 29, 2018.

1. zoran, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018

zoran macrumors 68040

I want to sync my music to all iPodNano and iPhone6S, do i just sync both devices from iTunes or is there some things i might be carefull of?
    The main goal regarding my iPhone is to be playing music by outputing to my cars stereo using a 3.5mm cable. Comparing the iPhone with the iPodNano in playing music and handling it should be not as easy (screen locks, no buttons for next song etc)... or can it be?

2. ericwn macrumors 68020

iPods that don’t run iOS need iTunes to sync.

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68040

4. Starfia macrumors 6502a

Starfia

I don't think so – the most recent iPod nano was released in 2012, just shortly after iCloud, and it definitely didn't support that. Nothing I'm aware of was ever developed after iTunes for syncing to iPods other than iPod touch.

5. zoran thread starter macrumors 68040

Im only asking about iTunes to make a point towards ericwn's post...
    ...and that is dont all iPods (even ones that run iOS) need iTunes to sync?

6. ericwn macrumors 68020

I don’t think so. Sorry if my wording was confusing. An iPod touch has Wifi so these devices would be able to download content directly - but it’s still not the same as syncing - and a iPod nano syncs only with iTunes.

7. Mrbobb macrumors 601

The only way to bypass iTunes, I hear, is to jailbreak your devices with all its complications. Welcome to the World of Apple "we do it OUR way."

8. ericwn macrumors 68020

I’m not sure what the problem is with that. Apple has developed the iPod for iTunes and vice versa. It was always a Hand-in-hand of both and that’s the main selling point of iPod and iTunes. To manage your music on the computer and sync it to a device build especially for that software.

It is also by no means the industry’s only example of a closed ecosystem. Most consoles are closed markets and back when music players mattered there were others trying to imitate iPod’s success.