How will iCloud work with multiple accounts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevenjev, Jun 7, 2011.

1. stevenjev macrumors newbie

I currently share an itunes account with my brother, it saves us having to buy and download two apps that are the same. With this iOS 5 update, im not quite sure how this will work.. Might it be possible to use multiple accounts, say for example, one for syncing documents, pictures, etc. and one for apps??

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

You can only add a single iCloud account, which covers (optionally): Email, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Bookmarks, Notes, Photostream, find my iPhone and storage / backup.
    You can, however, have a different account set in the store which covers purchased music, apps and books so you should be OK

3. DeuceDeuce macrumors 6502a

DeuceDeuce

Is that confirmed?

4. stevenjev thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah this is really good news, if this turns out to be confirmed..

5. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

This is how it works in Beta 1. There's no guarantee it won't be changed before final release, but the chances are it will stay as it is now

6. LGN macrumors member

This is great news!

I currently have 1 iTunes account I share with my brother, with all of our gift card and stuff on it, and one MobileMe account I use for everything else, such as game center, email, FaceTime, etc. So if this makes it so everything except store purchases and stuff will be on my iCloud account, then that'll be great!

7. vbauerh macrumors newbie

you recieve a new email account to work with your pre existing apple id. it will be XXXXX@me.com if i heard steve jobs correctly in his presentation of iCloud. Therefore you will still be able to share your itunes apps and have a different iCloud account.