Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MSampson

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
I promised my son a new iphone as his graduation present but told him he had to wait for the 5C as I knew it was coming. He is currently using our old iPhone 4. I want to trade that in so I can get a bit of cash off the price.

Do we know if the pre-orders tomorrow will have a store pick up option? I assume you need to get the new phone in an Apple store in order to do the trade.

My husband will be using my upgrade to go from his 4S to 5S so he will be going in to the store anyway. I used his upgrade last year to get the 5, gave him my 4S and his 4 went to my son. We will keep the 4S for my other son.

I probably won't get much for the old 4, but with buying 2 new phones every bit will help.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I promised my son a new iphone as his graduation present but told him he had to wait for the 5C as I knew it was coming. He is currently using our old iPhone 4. I want to trade that in so I can get a bit of cash off the price.

Do we know if the pre-orders tomorrow will have a store pick up option? I assume you need to get the new phone in an Apple store in order to do the trade.

My husband will be using my upgrade to go from his 4S to 5S so he will be going in to the store anyway. I used his upgrade last year to get the 5, gave him my 4S and his 4 went to my son. We will keep the 4S for my other son.

I probably won't get much for the old 4, but with buying 2 new phones every bit will help.

I would do an instore transaction if you are trading in. This means I would NOT pre-order. I don't think you can pre-order an instore pickup. Instore pickup means you buy it online through the app the night before or day of, and then go to the store. Buy the phone as an instore pickup, and when you pick it up trade your phone in and Apple will give you a credit for the difference perhaps?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.