How will Stainless Steel bands match up with aluminum casing?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sap12690, Mar 16, 2015.

1. sap12690 macrumors 6502

I keep going back and forth between which one I will be getting. My only concern really is matching up to other available bands. For example if I get the space grey aluminm and want the classic buckle.... It won't match up correctly because the casing will be space grey but the pins/buckle on the band will be stainless steel. Thats awkward to me, why wouldn't apple have the options for the customer to choose which finish we want for the pin/buckle? Same with the milanese loop, you will clearly see the difference between where the space grey casing ends and the stainless steel connector begins. Any thoughts or ideas on this? It's what is keeping from settling down on a specific model.

2. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

it might just be logistics. it would increase the SKUs exponentially.

3. pragmatous macrumors 65816

To me it sounds like the following:

Apple sport = A watch people will just use the fitness app for
    Apple Watch SS = A watch for people who are collectors and have a variety of bands to choose from
    Apple Edition = Apparently something people to talk about - so free publicity?

If you want a watch to collect bands with to me it sounds like you should get the apple Watch SS.

*shrug

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Simple, the Sport is the starter model. Apple WANTS you to be 'forced' to move up to the SS in order to match the brackets/straps (you can use the Leather Loop though). It is a subtle form of 'bait and switch' and a fantastic upscale enticer.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Totally agree with this.

6. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

so they should make a matt finish stainless steel or titanium version. I hate shiny metals.