How will the 24th be at an Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Khryz, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I need to pick up a white Bumper on the 24th. I work in NYC so I want to cab it over to the 57th St Apple Store to pick one up before they sell out there too.

Is this a good idea? Since I don't need a iPhone 4, I don't need to wait on that line?

2. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

The largest preorder in Apple and AT&T's history? Prepare for absolute chaos.

Even if you're not getting an iPhone, you may have to do some waiting outside in order to adhere to fire code restrictions and Apple's own in-store customer limit.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Truer words were never spoken.

3. tritonj macrumors 6502a

a lot of those are being shipped, there will be lines but as bad as some will think

4. skyehill macrumors 6502

Don't trust anyone that says the lines won't be bad. People obviously want this phone, and Apple is already pushing orders out to mid-July, so you can bet your butt that people who couldn't navigate Apples pre order cluster**** are going to be lining up early. It's a sad testimonial to what our society has become, but its reality. People will give up an entire day waiting in line for a phone but hardly give those affected by the oil spill a second of thought. God bless America.:mad:

5. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

6. mac jones macrumors 68040

It looks like it might shape up to be a crowd (or party) :D

Everyone who sets their sights on one as of today, might decide to stand in line rather than wait.

Should be amusing.

Geesh, it's like getting to be a ritual. :rolleyes:

7. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I want the white Bumper. It's back-ordered on the website until July 16th.

I know there will be lines but I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with launch days like this and how people who WEREN'T there for the launch item faired.

Should I call the store and see what they say?

8. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Oops, my mistake, sorry.

9. Khryz thread starter macrumors 6502a

So basically, everyones advice is: "It's not worth it."

Lol?

10. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Depends. Call and find out if you can just walk in and buy a bumper when they open, without waiting in line. If you can, go for it. If you can only go after work, they'll probably be sold out. Also, ask if you can buy a bumper the day before, or only on the 24th and later. Maybe you can get one before you get the phone.

11. MGP098 macrumors newbie

hey guys im planning to be there at 630 wednesday night:confused: at the apple store on fifth avenue. any suggestions or tips for an iphone newbie?

12. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

This is a really poorly constructed view of your fellow man. What are we supposed to do? Drive down to the Gulf and start cleaning with a rag and some 409? It's a tragedy, but we're not gonna stop living our lives and whine.

The iPhone is something that people are really excited about. We're seeing a common spark in each other, something that unites people, and you take that as an opportunity to be self-righteous about oil spills? You're a pr**k

13. JMB1911 macrumors regular

Wow good post. If I could stand in line all day and have it somehow help out with the oil spill I sure would.

14. specops macrumors regular

may i suggest just waiting until the next day to go in for your case? It's not like 1 day will matter and you won't have to deal with the chaos and lines. ;)

15. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

That line will have started well before then.

16. advres Guest

advres

I went to get my 3gs replaced, because it was crapping out, the day the ipad came out in Boston. I didn't find it to be that big of a pain in the ass. Plus you can laugh at all the morons in line.

17. MGP098 macrumors newbie

great.....i heard people are already camping out :eek: