Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ebaydan777

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
I read on Apple's site that the Upgrade Program must be done in store, meaning you must reserve your phones on line and then come in store on reservation date.

I have never done this before, I'm usually just clicking a hundred times at midnight to buy until I get through and it just delivers to my home on launch day.

What's the actual course to take here, can I just select online I want the monthly Upgrade price, I do not see that option currently, only 2 year contract. Will I have to order online but select reserve in store? Will the likelihood of me getting on launch day lessen this route, im just a bit confused.

Thanks for any feedback. My Verizon contract ends next month, and they want me to trade my phone in to join the edge program early or pay full price. This way works better as I can get the phone on launch date, start my payment and put the phone on my access line, and let the line run out in 1 month and continue non contract...

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I read on Apple's site that the Upgrade Program must be done in store, meaning you must reserve your phones on line and then come in store on reservation date.

Good catch! I thought since during the keynote they mentioned that you could only use the update program in the store, that you physically had to go to the store to use it - meaning that people wanting to go the update program route couldn't preorder. Thanks for correcting me on that!

I have never done this before, I'm usually just clicking a hundred times at midnight to buy until I get through and it just delivers to my home on launch day.

What's the actual course to take here, can I just select online I want the monthly Upgrade price, I do not see that option currently, only 2 year contract. Will I have to order online but select reserve in store? Will the likelihood of me getting on launch day lessen this route, im just a bit confused.

Thanks for any feedback. My Verizon contract ends next month, and they want me to trade my phone in to join the edge program early or pay full price. This way works better as I can get the phone on launch date, start my payment and put the phone on my access line, and let the line run out in 1 month and continue non contract...

This is a very good question. Since this is new ground, I'm not sure on what we could do, especially since most people pre-ordering are paying for it (or at least starting the payment process) then and there. Nothing about in store.

For this, I'll defer to those who preordered the 6/6+/5/5S for how the process worked. On preorder night, I generally just grabbed a bag of popcorn and watched the fit hit the shan on the forums here. Some of it is comedy gold (notwithstanding the iPhone 4 debacle; that one was BAD).

BL.

ebaydan777

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
For this, I'll defer to those who preordered the 6/6+/5/5S for how the process worked. On preorder night, I generally just grabbed a bag of popcorn and watched the fit hit the shan on the forums here. Some of it is comedy gold (notwithstanding the iPhone 4 debacle; that one was BAD).

Me too, buddy, me too. This is all new for me so I am confused on the process.

I really do not mind going in the store to pick it up, as long as I know I am going to get it on launch day, the same way I would manage to get it on launch day previously by home delivery. If this isn't an option....that will suck...

ebaydan777

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
Im even more confused now than before...If we reserve online does it allow us to get it the first day like home delivery would? (Obviously if you're fast enough...which I am lol to land on launch day)....I hope We can get some clarity soon because calling Apple today did nothing helpful. They knew nothing about the upgrade program itself..

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
Im even more confused now than before...If we reserve online does it allow us to get it the first day like home delivery would? (Obviously if you're fast enough...which I am lol to land on launch day)....I hope We can get some clarity soon because calling Apple today did nothing helpful. They knew nothing about the upgrade program itself..

Check the upgrade thread, page 16. They cover it there now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.