How will they announce?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jamied95, Oct 17, 2010.

1. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Presuming that the Verizon iPhone rumour are infact correct, how would they announce it? A keynote? A bit tacked to the end of a keynote? A press release? To me it doesn't seem to be important enough to call a keynote just for it, but hey, what do I know? :rolleyes:

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Keep checking www.apple.com for the front page to say "Say Hello to iPhone, now on Verizon"

How Apple decides to announce the iPhone on Verizon will depend on when they choose to release it. If it will launch along side the next iPhone refresh, then it will be announced during the WWDC Keynote (which is when I think it will be released). If its going to be the same design and features as the current iPhone 4, but with CDMA capabilities, then maybe just a Press Release will suffice.

3. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

A cloud will descend from the heavens, radiant and white, lightening bolts flying out from it's brilliant hue...a voice will be heard by all mankind in their native tongue...
    God?
    No, Steve Jobs...
    And he will say with a booming voice..."Alas, I give to you teeming masses a Verizon iPhone... GO and POST NO MORE on Macrumors..."

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

GO and POST NO MORE on Macrumors...,

Pure awesome.

5. shandyman Suspended

well in the UK, the carriers announced it themselves. so i would presume it would be the same

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It will probably be announced as a "one more thing" at the end of the WWDC keynote. Unless they have to get some sort of different FCC approval that would let people know it was coming in which case it will be announced in January, but not shipping until June or July.

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Steve Jobs will never allow that.

8. shandyman Suspended

He already has done.......

9. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Presuming that the Verizon iPhone rumor is in fact just a rumor, it's never going to happen...

10. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Most likely it'll be mentioned in one of their keynotes since it's a pretty big thing, however the iPad wasn't. So it's hard to tell exactly how they'll do it.

11. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

Well, assuming it is true (and who knows if it is), with all the variety of rumors, you pretty much can expect just about anything. IF it is true, of course things will begin to come out the closer it gets, so you'll have someidea a week or two ahead.

Personally, If someone started a pool on announcements, I would go with CES 2011. I've had a weird feeling about CES with Verizon's CEO doing the keynote, the timing of all th erumors of production, plus that being about 6 months after the iPhone 4 came out, I can see them keeping the phones off cycle for a variety of reasons, including as an part of a package of enticements to ATT to potentially allow them to get out of their deal slightly early. Could defintely be nothing to it though.

12. pauliphone macrumors regular

I wouldn't think that it would be part of a keynote as it is not a global announcement as only relevant to US customers.
    As already posted over here in the UK it was the networks themselves that advertised and announced the availability of iPhone when it was opened up from the o2 monopoly.
    It would make more sense for the same to happen in the US as it keeps the announcement localised to the relevant market.

13. shandyman Suspended

+1

14. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The first thing that will likely happen is some Apple fanboy blog with nerds hitting "reload" at the FCC website non stop will come across a new filing for an FCC approval on a "new device." At that point, everyone will know, well before Apple is ready to make an announcement.