how will you handle digital media between multiple apple devices?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by reggie23x, Jan 28, 2010.

1. reggie23x macrumors newbie

If you have an iMac or macbook, you probably already host your iTunes media library and perform purchasing/downloading on it.

If you have an iPad, why would you want to download to an additional iTunes media library?

Please let me know if I'm missing something, but can you consolidate media iTunes libraries from multiple devices you own?

2. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

You are missing something. The iPad is like an iPod in that it syncs with iTunes, which has your current library.

3. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

Maybe I don't understand the question but you can have copies of the same purchased media in multiple (although limited number) computers. The iPad takes mobility to a whole new level. Imagine coming home from a hard day's work and catch a certain tune on the radio. You figure you want to check it out when you get home but you've spent all day on a computer and the last thing you want to do is park your butt in front of your desk to look for a song. Instead you get home, grab a drink, turn the TV on, dump your butt on the couch, and reach for the iPad sitting on your coffee table.

4. reggie23x thread starter macrumors newbie

ipod, iphone, ipad, imac music

Here's what I'm getting at.... Unless I missed it, the iPad is an independent music library on it's own. Nothing will sync to it, ie ipod or iphone...nor will itself sync to a full-fledged imac or macbook....

What if you buy music on your iPad, is it locked to the itunes library on your iPad or will you be able to also have that music on your main itunes library that can also sync onto your ipod or iphone?

5. tiguk macrumors 6502

It will work in the exact same way as the iPhone and iPod Touch. You can buy from the iTS, and it will sync with your Mac/PC iTunes. It's not an independent device, which is what you're assuming.

6. reggie23x thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Thanks, I must have missed something. I'm watching the keynote again to see where I could have missed that this device will be sync'd to your existing pc/mac itune's library...

7. gibbz macrumors 68030

8. reggie23x thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks again

Yeah, I went over the iPad stuff on apple.com and read about syncing it to your existing library.... my bad