How Will You Order Your Next iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChocolateApple, Jun 23, 2010.

1. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

How did your order go this year?

Thanks to some late night Mac Rumors browsing on June 14th, I read the posts about people staying up overnight, refreshing the Apple store page in their browsers to order early. So I set my alarm for 5am on June 15th to order, but I was already too late for the Apple.com site and had to instead order from AT&T. It's set to deliver on the 24th, but in the afternoon.

Next time I will also stay up, refresh my browser and try to order as soon as the Apple.com store allows.

Will you do anything differently when ordering the next iPhone?

2. iLisa777 macrumors member

I will wait a couple of months after it's released. Even though I'm thrilled to be activating my iPhone 4 right now, I will not (try) to do the pre-order again.

3. mangohippo macrumors member

same boat, I'm just going to wait. This is my first iPhone (plenty of touches in the past...that sounds weird), so the initial rush is exciting.

4. vbman213 macrumors 6502

I will be placing my order for a 32gb iPhone 4 sometime this week via phone. Hopefully, if AT&T reopens orders. The reason why I was ordering by phone is that an AT&T rep told me that if I order via phone they will waive the activation fee, give me free shipping, etc. So I can save a little by ordering via phone.

5. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

I will order mine the same way I did this time. Pre-order via AT&T, what a great experience I've had. So much better than when ordering through Apple.

6. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

im gana reserve and preorder cause :apple: is no longer trust worthy on release dates

7. twelve56 macrumors member

To have the money saved and pre order for launch day[or earlier] delivery. I missed out this time and had to get one off ebay!!!

8. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I'm going to either wait a month or so and walk into a store to get it on the spot, or I'll wait the same amount of time and order direct from Apple.

I only pre-ordered this one b/c it is my first iPhone. :cool:

9. garp macrumors member

After the fiasco that this has been, I'm not sure I'll even bother. Royally screwed by Apple/AT&T, order canceled by Apple and now sent to the back of the line.

If the Droid X ships before my iPhone I may well jump ship at this point.

10. RoadWins macrumors newbie

I will probably just wait.. Got up at 0500 never could get thru on Apple and ordered on AT&T had a confirmation email by 0730. Mine just changed from Backordered last night. May try to go to the ATT store tomorrow and if I can get one I will cancel my premiere order

11. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Online ordering was a nightmare (7 hours of trying). I'm doing what I eventually ended up doing. Go to my AT&T store to order and get all my questions answered on the spot. My phone will be here tomorrow. Can't wait!

12. Centient macrumors 6502

Assuming the next time I order one, the iPhone will be available across multiple carriers. So hoping that things aren't nearly as rowdy in the future.

That said I'd probably order online again. I tried in store with AT&T and while the wait was tolerable, the attitude and misinformation of the staff was not. Much, much easier done on line in my experience.

13. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

will definitely order online again. very simple, straightforward, and didn't interrupt my life.

14. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I'll do what I did this year. Preorder on line and activate through iTunes. Tuesday was a trial but nothing earth shattering.

Anything truly worthwhile is a struggle. The fact that I'm sitting here with my new iPhone 4 a day before I was scheduled to have it shows that I triumphed, I beat the system. Look on it as a game, you against them and you can have a different attitude.

15. cherrygirlunmei macrumors member

No more preordering for me, either. I'll just wait a while until the hype dies down, and all retail stores have them in stock and ready to be purchased at any time. The preordering thing was a breeze for me thankfully, but after lurking through here for about a week or two, I don't think I'll do it again.

I'll be happy with my iP4, I'll be sticking with it for a while. Hopefully within the next few years the iPad will have a nice price drop! Then my iP5 (or 6, whatever) funds will go towards the iPad.

16. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

+1

17. DaveF macrumors 6502a

Online through Apple. AT&T in-store didn't have current information on pre-order options, didn't know what they were doing, and didn't have a plan for coping with the system crash.

I could have ordered online with Apple from the convenience of my own home mid afternoon of the 15th, had my iPhones today, and been done with everything already. Instead, after dealing with AT&T's in-store incompetence last week, I get to waste more time in the store sometime this week. Feh!

18. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

same way that i did this time and last time: online from apple :apple:

19. bmwhd macrumors 6502a

bmwhd

I will continue to be bound to the hopeless Premier website, God help me.

20. RMXO macrumors 6502a

21. hippo206 macrumors 6502

I will order through apple, and laugh at the people that try ATT again.

22. coelacanth macrumors 6502

I started to try reserving one from Apple.com shortly after 1am PDT, and successfully made a reservation in about 30 - 45 minutes.

Considering all the mess we experienced this year, I think I'll still do reserve-pickup at store route next year. Actually placing (pre) order, dealing with authorization, jumping around servers, dealing with Fedex etc can get messed easily. Once reservation is done, in-store experience at Apple Store has been always quite good in the past years.

I would not reserve/preorder/lineup at AT&T in my lifetime and the next one.

23. abercrombie macrumors regular

abercrombie

Definitely online. Did that with the 3G, now again with the iPhone 4. Will do it again in 2 years with the iPhone 6 with 2gb RAM, Intel Atom, 12 mpx zoom lens camera, HD 1080p, Satellite FM radio, Face Time in 3D. :D

24. mqguitar macrumors member

same as this time and last year.

I just go to best buy

25. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I will probably just walk in after a couple of weeks.

The only reason I pre-ordered mine is because I was using a flip phone after selling my 3G for top dollar. Next year I'll sell mine the day before I get a new one.