How will you re-purpose your old iPad (3G) (WIFI)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by geislert, Mar 14, 2012.

1. geislert macrumors newbie

geislert

Now that I will have a second iPad I am wonder what I should use it for.

I have a 64Gb 3G model so in car would be nice because of the GPS and ample storage. I already own Co-Pilot Navigator. This unit won't be connected to ATT because I am pulling the sim to use in the iPad 12.

We don't really need any more tablets in the house since we already have one per person, the second being the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

I could always make a weather proof mount with a solar panel and mount it on the front lawn next to the sidewalk. Neighbors could check email and weather on their walk around the block:)

I just wrote my city manager and offered to lend it to them as long as they needed if they wanted to test it as a viable tool.

I they don't want it I can try to donate it to a school to evaluate text book replacement.

2. noobinator macrumors 68040

3. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I am giving mine to my mom, just like I did with my iPhone 4 when I got the 4s.

4. dgstan macrumors 6502a

I use and old android tablet as an alarm clock. I like waking up to Slacker radio. However, it's about as reliable as you would expect android to be. IDK if iOS can do this sort of thing. I've read a little bit and it doesn't look like Apple let's third-party apps initiate other third-party apps.

Otherwise, I might take it to work to watch HBO on it.

iPad 1, 16GB and jailbroken.

5. Surf Monkey macrumors 68020

Surf Monkey

I'm likely to give mine to my new girlfriend who's in medical school. She's been drooling over the anatomy apps that the other students have.

6. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

64GB Wifi+3G iPad 1. Birthday gift for mom. 64GB Wifi only, on the way for me.

7. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

My 16g white AT&T will be my 4th iPad (1 iPad 1 and 2 iPad 2). There are 4 of us in my family and now there is no more battling over iPads.