Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
I've been asked to convert a flash advert I've made into a video clip to be used on a large screen TV.

Here are the dimensions/format;

AVI – DV PAL, 16x9 aspect ratio, Res 720px X 405px, 44100kHz 16 bit audio stero in Windows wav format

Can I export to a .mov from flash (cs3/4) and convert using something like Handbrake? Will I have to use bootcamp to get the Windows wav format?

Thanks

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
I don't know if you can export as .mov or .avi from Flash, but have a look at the export options and settings and even the help to see if that works.

But if you can only get a .mov out of it and need an .avi file, you can use MPEG Streamclip to transcode that .mov to an .avi with the settings you like.

I don't know about the Windows .wav though, but a normal, non-OS-specific .wav encoding should do, as it "just" uses PCM anyway.

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
Thanks spinnerlys, it's only .mov that gets exported afaik. I'll convert this next week and report back in case it's helpful to anyone else.

-DH

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2006
Nashville Tennessee
I've been asked to convert a flash advert I've made into a video clip to be used on a large screen TV.

For specific workflow suggestions it would help to know what tools (software) you have at your disposal and what the intended playback method will be for TV. Remember, we're not mind readers and we aren't there to look over your shoulder so be as specific as possible; include software titles and version numbers.

-DH

irishgrizzly

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2006
For specific workflow suggestions it would help to know what tools (software) you have at your disposal and what the intended playback method will be for TV. Remember, we're not mind readers and we aren't there to look over your shoulder so be as specific as possible; include software titles and version numbers.

-DH

The only software I have is CS3/4 premium (we only do graphic/web design in our studio). So for others Ill have to rely on free tools.

Here's a pic of the screen.

I was told to supply on DVD or to FTP the file type above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.