How would i do 'this' on a mac:

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Theraker007, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Theraker007 macrumors regular

I am doing a project for my boss which in short, involves:

1) Taking photos
    2) uploading photos crop and brighten them
    3) place the photos in the appropriate folders

done.

all of this is easy i can handle it fine, however, there will come a time where these 'folders' need to be accessed and viewed by students.

I am looking for some kind of presentation program which can organize a collection of photos by folder so that it looks presentable and not just students having to open each file one at a time.

I want the program to be on a mac so i can organize everythin on my computer, but the picture files need to be viewable on a pc as well.

i know this sounds complicated, i probably didnt express it well, but bottom line:

looking for something thatll turn "opening each folder and then each picture one at a time" into something more 'seamless'

thanks for any help

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Now I dont have OSX so I cant give you a full answer, but dont folders that have photos in them have a feature where if you scroll over it from left to right you can see each photo there?

Tho admittadly itd be easier to see if the thumbnails werent small.

3. Theraker007 thread starter macrumors regular

they are medical images, they need to be viewed in exquisite detail

4. Scippy macrumors regular

Couldn't you put get "folder" into a PowerPoint, which would then scroll though at the appropriate pace?

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

On a Mac you can open the folders in which the images are stored, right click, select (I think) "View options", and then you can adjust the size of the 'thumbnails' to be rather large so, whilst they are still technically thumbnails, they can also be viewed in the folder as actual photos.
    Not sure with Windows though.

6. Scippy macrumors regular

Yes you can also do that in Windows.

7. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

As mentioned above, you could probably put each picture on a slide in PowerPoint for a slideshow.

8. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

If you want to examine photographs for information, then you want to stay as far away from presentation apps as possible. GraphicConverter allows you to look at photographs folder-by-folder or one-by-one. You may view each photograph at whatever magnification you wish.

9. bindigok macrumors regular

10. Hot Snowboarder macrumors 6502

LOL? Why bother trawling through the Apple Software > Mac Applications forums then???

11. canonballs macrumors member

Check out OsiriX.

12. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

Create an iPhoto slideshow. It'll use the original resolution.

So if they are 2Kx2K TIFFs (as I suspect they're likely to be for medical applications), they'll stay that way. Although I would convert them to PNG - it's lossless and provides compression and is widely supported.