How would I go about this...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by andy9l, Oct 18, 2010.

1. andy9l macrumors 68000

I've spent a long time browsing through the Jailbroken iPhone screenshot thread here and have seen some amazing customisations.

I've put together three screenshots of what I think I'd like my iPhone to look like and would really appreciate some advice as to how I should go about doing this.

I've literally been Googling for hours trying to find out what 'mods' to install. So far I've found the Glasklart HD icon set, 5-column springboard mod and the 5-icon dock mod. That's it though. I really do not know what the lock-screen mods are, or the status bar icons (for signal/Wi-Fi etc.).

I've described what parts of each screenshot I want to find and put together:

The top menubar/status bar Wi-Fi/Signal icons:

[​IMG]

The icons, the 5-column layouts and the 5 icon dock with the nice swivel effect:

[​IMG]

Everything but the status/menu bar!! This lock screen really is amazing:

[​IMG]

Any help/guidance is greatly appreciated :) I'm aware of Winterboard and OpenSSH. I've been researching how to put together my own theme but really am struggling to see how some of the above customisations are achieved!

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Lockscreen is Slanted Lock. The slide bar looks custom though.

3. andy9l thread starter macrumors 68000

So far this is what I'm assuming:

I need to create a new theme folder with the following:

- Glass HD icons
    - Slanted Lock lock screen
    - The status bar icons (don't know what they are yet?!)​

I will then need to SSH this to my iPhone's themes folder for Winterboard to access. I then activate the theme and install the 5 column mods.

Any guidance or corrections regarding the above?! :confused:

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

For the 2nd pic. The status bar (next to the reception bar) is an app called MakeItMine downloaded from Cydia (same as in pic 3). The Glaskart icons can be either installed as a theme or replaced one by one through SSH if you want. The theme is a little easier to start off with then you can replace other icons as needed.

Pic 3.
    Slanted Lock is a theme and can't be SSH'd into your phone. Has to be installed via Winterboard only as far as I know. The slider is custom so you'd need to SSH a new one in (not sure how to do that one)

You might want to look at purchasing

Iconoclasm - Variety of different springboard layouts, i.e. 5x5, 6x6, 7x7 etc.
    Shrink - if you get Iconoclasm, this will help you shrink your icons size in order to make them look good.
    Gridlock - allows you to place icons/folders anywhere on your springboard without having to create multiple blank icons.
    Infinidock - allows you to scroll your dock like pages on your springboard.
    Folder Enhancer - allows you to have folders in folders

Just some options to look at since each of these will help you out in the modding of your springboard layout.

5. andy9l thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for the information and suggestions :)

I think I've found the slider (or something similar at least!). It's part of the 'Clear Rain' theme I believe.

How would I use SlantedLock with the Clear Rain slider and Glasklart HD icon set? Can this be done through Winterboard? :confused:

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Actually, someone else asked about that same slider here. I've actually been looking for this slider too and installed perfectly.

SlantedLock, the slider and the icons can be installed using Winterboard quite easily. In the event that you wanted to manually change all the icons then that obviously would take some time to do but it can be done that way.

Through SSH, go into var/stash/themes and put all the themes you have in there and then you'll be able to activate them through Winterboard.

7. TaterToT macrumors 6502

That first screenshot is mine. You can find a link to my entire theme on page
    112 of the post your jailbroken theme thread, and from that you can just take the wifi and signal bars out of it. Good luck!

8. andy9l thread starter macrumors 68000

I've had a quick look and can't find the wifi/signal bars? :confused:
    Thanks a lot for pointing me to the download, using some parts of your theme now - just want those signal/wifi bars at the moment!!

9. TaterToT macrumors 6502

They are in UIImages and are the files called Black_X_Bars/WifiBars and Silver_X_Bars/WifiBars

10. andy9l thread starter macrumors 68000

Really appreciate that - thanks a lot for your help :)
    Got it all working at last! It's been a long day!

11. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

Aww this is so refreshing to see: someone asking for help and actually doing some research and putting effort into their posts rather than "helpz! Iz broke! lolz"-garbage. Kudos OP!

12. andy9l thread starter macrumors 68000

Hah, well the effort certainly paid off. Thanks for the Kudos ;)