How would I know if the water sensor was tripped??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ODog4523, Jul 3, 2009.

1. ODog4523 macrumors regular

ODog4523

I saw an earlier thread about an IPhone owner who said the 'water sensor' on his phone was triggered. (How) would I know if this happened on my phone??

I ask because just now on my walk home from work after a quick downpoor, some ****** rode up on the shoulder to get around traffic and sprayed me good...right where I had the phone clipped to the inside of my pocket (the top 3rd or so was exposed, though still covered by the case/clip).

My music kept on playing and I haven't seen any funny behaviors, but I just want to make sure thing is hopefully not doomed...

2. ODog4523 thread starter macrumors regular

ODog4523

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Does anyone have a clearer picture of what this actually looks like? In other words, a magnified picture of your own iPhone with the unfortunate predicament of having the water sensor turning red.

4. Switz213 macrumors 6502

You want a picture of a red dot? If there is any color change. It is considered water damaged.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I think you know what I meant. If not, well, the Apple site shows that there is white inside the phone jack. Is it impossible to see that with the naked eye?

6. mikey28 macrumors 6502

I think the apple article shows it pretty well. What more do you need. I think you get the idea.

The article CLEARLY states that with a light, the red-dot is visible with the naked eye.

stop going on and on about it. you get it.