how would it connect to my tv?

SBik2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
/private/var/root
I have a 24 LCD tv and and it has the three colored things for like XBOX 360 and so on... And it has something called S-Video how would i get my MacBook to use my TV as its monitor?

AlwaysRight

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2006
Buy an adapter

You will need to go to the apple store and buy an adapter that will plug into your monitor port. You have only described analog inputs though which means it won't look great and even if you had digital i'm not sure the macbook integrated graphics would be able to handle it

erickkoch

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2003
Kalifornia
I use an S-Video adapter to watch videos from my powerbook on my 30 inch TV. Alwaysright is correct, it doesn't look great, but it's better than watching them on a 12 inch screen.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
It will look like crap through Svideo. Unlike erickkoch, I would rather have decent resolution than a couple more inches. But for $19 you can get the Svideo adapter for your Mac at the Apple Store. It should be called "Mini-DVI to Video" or something like that. Do a search online or ask at a Store.

Are you sure the TV doesn't have an HDMI or DVI port? Or VGA? Seems really strange that it would not have one of these 3 choices if it is a recent model.