Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pncc

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2002
I would put a steak in a Windows XP box then let a real Panther tear the box apart. No dialog at all just the sound of the panther shredding the box and growling. Simple closing at the end. Jeff Goldblum says: "Mac OS X Panther edition now available."
Closing frame of balck background w/ Apple logo.

macphoria

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2002
Black screen. All you hear is heavy animal breathing. In the black screen, you can slowly see panther skin pattern appear. 25 seconds later, Apple logo.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
good thinking guys;

i like the idea of seeing a panther tearing or chewing.

how about a superimpsed apple logo on the panther, rather then the apple logo as the closing frame

tazo

macrumors 68040
There is a jaguar [car] commercial showing a lot around here; in which people are in an art gallery looking around, a lot of white cleansliness look, and a jaguar runs past them. then they fade out to the car pitch. heh i wanna see something like that :)

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by GigaWire
How about a Panther ripping a Longhorn to pieces.

Look out for PETA. They'd go freaking nuts ;) You've got my vote though with an addition:
The longhorn has the MS logo on its hide and as the ad fades out a shred of the windows logo falls in above the camera onto a black background and a Panther Box falls down ontop of it with a matalic clunk sort of like the built ford tough logo ad a while back.

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
The panther ripping up a windows box is a great idea, and the heavy breathing and fade to black would also be awesome. I think the key is emphasis on power and speed, stability is implicit when the Apple logo appears on the screen.

or... Apple could just release it quietly and let it sell itself, I'd buy it the day it came out.

Marble

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2003
Tucson, AZ
I wonder if Apple will stick with the "above it all" attitude that they've been using, not even acknowledging that Windows really exist or really is a problem. A panther ripping apart a longhorn box would be more antagonistic to Microsoft than they have been.

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
Originally posted by macphoria
Black screen. All you hear is heavy animal breathing. In the black screen, you can slowly see panther skin pattern appear. 25 seconds later, Apple logo.

i like that idea.
but here's mine...
a black screen fades into a panther sitting in an all white room. it gets genie effected into the panther box.

in the background, Jeff Goldblum saying
"Yep, all of that power, in that little box.
The next big thing, from Apple."

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
i like that idea.
but here's mine...
a black screen fades into a panther sitting in an all white room. it gets genie effected into the panther box.

very nice. and it actually sounds like something apple would do.

MetallicPenguin

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2003
NC, USA
Black screen. Slight growl...suddenly a panther rips through the blackness jumps right in font of you, then slowly walks around for a sec, lies down; and licks his paw.

Then the Apple logo fades in (with apple.com at the bottom). Spend about 80 Million advertising this, and have black posters with panthers and apples all over the place.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
How about a panther biting a short, nerdy, middle-aged billionaire with glasses directly in the ass?

Or what if the panther was Steve Jobs walking around in a tight black, velvet cat suit, and he was doing the biting.

Stelliform

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2002
Right now I would love to see the words "Shipping on: " with some numbers right after it.

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Originally posted by bennetsaysargh
i like that idea.
but here's mine...

Dude that is awsome

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
I think you guys all have a common problem here: you're making the ads as confusing as Apple would make them. Personally, I think that Apple should make an ad that shows what Panther can do and tell the general public what the product is and why it is better. Maybe they could do something like this:

Shows a computer and a little kid at it. The mom comes in and says that she needs her digital photos or movie edited. The kid pops up iMovie and iPhoto and quickly makes a huge improvement. And here's the kicker: words start flashing on screen of what OS X can do, slowely at first, then getting faster and faster. Simple phrases like Video Editing, Photo Improvements, Windows Compatability, Video Conferencing, Audio Conferencing. The words get faster and faster until they are no longer readable (meanwhile exciting music is getting louder to get the viewer's blood pumping) then a blank white screen with silence. Then the screen slowely fades in "A million uses and counting." Then "Panther, The Newest Ground-breaking Operating System from Apple." Fade to the logo (maybe that new cool looking one.)

So what do you think?

P-Worm

macphoria

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2002
I think you guys all have a common problem here: you're making the ads as confusing as Apple would make them. Personally, I think that Apple should make an ad that shows what Panther can do and tell the general public what the product is and why it is better. Maybe they could do something like this:

Shows a computer and a little kid at it. The mom comes in and says that she needs her digital photos or movie edited. The kid pops up iMovie and iPhoto and quickly makes a huge improvement. And here's the kicker: words start flashing on screen of what OS X can do, slowely at first, then getting faster and faster. Simple phrases like Video Editing, Photo Improvements, Windows Compatability, Video Conferencing, Audio Conferencing. The words get faster and faster until they are no longer readable (meanwhile exciting music is getting louder to get the viewer's blood pumping) then a blank white screen with silence. Then the screen slowely fades in "A million uses and counting." Then "Panther, The Newest Ground-breaking Operating System from Apple." Fade to the logo (maybe that new cool looking one.)

So what do you think?

P-Worm
Then the panther eats the kid? ;)

revenuee

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2003
Originally posted by P-Worm
"A million uses and counting."

i don't like this one just because it reminds me of the Xterra slogan

with that said, i was going to argue this point

Originally posted by P-Worm
I think you guys all have a common problem here: you're making the ads as confusing as Apple would make them. Personally, I think that Apple should make an ad that shows what Panther can do and tell the general public what the product is and why it is better.
P-Worm

but after taking a minute to really think about it, i started to like it. If nothing else, what has undoutably brought us to love apple products is it's innovation, and most importantly its simplicity. I have always loved the the "think different" slogan from apple. Although i could be wrong, i think originally apple wanted to make they're commercials different and have them appeal to those of us in society that do "think different". However, i guess if they want to advertise that their new product is still different, a different type of commercial must be released, commercial that will appeal to everyone. This change has already began with the "Switch commercials", telling everyone how simple a mac really is. Now it's time the world really saw how easy apple products are to use. A new Processor, a new OS, a New Logo, and a new image.

And all though i would love to see a panther tearing a windows box to peices, it only says it's more powerful, not simpler.

Ps.

I love the "Freestyle walking" video, bought back some good memories of my early highschool days ( which really wasn't that long ago, just seems that way)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.