How would you best explain to a lay person why text gets blurry when using the zoom

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cmgerard, Jun 30, 2010.

1. cmgerard macrumors newbie

Hi,

I need to give my boss a reason as to why when he uses universal access zoom text on our website becomes blurry ( he did this by mistake). If I don't give him a good enough reason I will have to "fix" the problem.

Just telling him that the screen resolution is not the same as print resolution will not work. All help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Tell him the code in the website defines the size of the text and as you zoom in it gets blurry because the text size remains the same.

3. cmgerard thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Peace, your explanation is great but my boss truly does not understand computer technology. I have a feeling he will just say that " Then change the code."

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

If he really wants it, text looks great when zoomed in on iPad.

5. bigglefuzz macrumors newbie

It's like enlarging your driving license photo. Just because you make it bigger, does make the photo any clearer.

6. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

It's only that the system keeps the same number of pixels. It blurs the text to make it appear smoother on the eyes.

7. SatyMahajan macrumors regular

When you look at a castle from far away it looks like a castle, and when you zoom in, you see more detail.

When you look at a castle made out of legos from far away, it looks like a castle, but when you zoom in, it looks like lego blocks.

Some parts of web pages are like real castles (vectors and vector-based text), others are like lego castles (images and text baked in images).