How would you brand a 7.85" iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zauze, Jul 18, 2012.

1. zauze macrumors newbie

Regardless of whether you think the product is a good idea or not, I'm sort of curious what you call this thing. Apple seems so good at branding, I'm curious over how you tackle this inbetween market. Is it a new product category that deserves its own name? Like the iTab? (iPod<iTab<iPad?)

...Or is it inevitably tied to the iPad line specifically, and thus "iPad Mini" "iPad Jr." "iPad Light" or "iPad Pocket"/"Pocket Pad" ...or simply "The Eight Inch iPad"? But these kinda names can be a bit infantilizing...

(Alternatively, I guess you could tie it positively to the iPod class, and call it the iPod Plus or iPod Elite or something like that...)

Curious...

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

iPad (7.85 inch). Current iPad becomes iPad (9.7 inch).

3. urkel macrumors 68030

Based on Apples current naming structures it would be:

The New iPad with Smaller Display

4. zauze thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess that makes a little more sense... that it would just be different sizes of the same product, like the iMac.

So you go into the store and say "I'd like to buy an iPad", and they respond "Great! The 8 inch or the 10 inch?"

5. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

What's in a name, for a rose by any other name would smell so sweet

Shakespeare - Romeo and Juliet

Sorry, couldn't resist. If I were to guess it would be 'iPad Mini' the term 'Mini' is already in use in the apple line for Mac's so that would fit. At least that is what I might call it, as for apple, who knows.

6. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I would think they'd want to insinuate that it's not the full 10" experience in some way. They don't want all they're customers buying cheaper smaller versions, do they? Ipad Mini, Nano, etc.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

8. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Just like Subway. Without the Ranch Dressing.

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

10. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

This makes the most sense to me...

11. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

12. gpat macrumors 6502a

13. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

14. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

i swear, you have the most condesending signature i've ever seen in these forums. you do realize, people list what they own because people often have inquires for help and it allows members who do help see the equipment they maintain. it's also something to be proud of if you work hard to buy an apple product.

15. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

LOL. Rationalize it however you want to make yourself feel better :)

when someone inquires and needs help regarding something they detail what the help is needed for in the actual question.
    As opposed to your genius idea of a person answering it and having to assume they are answering the question correctly because they have to guess which product they need help with.. because they have every electronic product they own in their signature.

16. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

and you rationalize it however you want to make yourself feel as if you're not being condesending/rude/obnoxious/distasteful/pompus/hateful.

swings both ways buddy; however, in this case, it appears it's you with the low self-esteem problem and not people who list electronics in a forum signature. why so serious...?

17. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

MiniPad...

No...wait...I think that's already been used!:eek::rolleyes:

18. BFizzzle, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

im not rationalizing anything.
    lol i never said i wasnt being condescending. i am very much being condescending. yes i am being rude but no more than you are being now, pompous? ehhh like you said swings both ways, ones being pompous being prideful about what they have, obnoxious swings both ways, hateful? nahh i dont hate anyone, just think its funny and foolish.

good, dodge what i said back to your genius remark about why people need them there.
    to honestly think people put those things there so someone knows what your asking help for is just ignorant.

Yes people probably put those there because they are proud of them, but what is to be gained from that other than the fact that people think more of you? why are you so serious? Keep on living vicariously through the internet. i guess it hurt your feelings. sorry! :D

19. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

This is it.

20. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r