Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
Tittle says it..

You can go nuts or be real..

As for me I would add or wanted..

1.HD front FaceTime camera

2.8MP rear camera with flash/so flash can be use a notification light

3.keep the A5X for battery life..

4.Capacitve home button

5.L.E.D front notification light..

6.metal volume/sleep buttons

7.keep the same design/screen size retina "maybe a super amoled hd plus"

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
Faster charging. That's my only gripe.

You're basically asking what the iPad "4" should be. I would put 3D on that one, as unpopular as it may be.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
Well, you said anything. I'd add a 7" option for those that want a glorified e-reader that works with Apple's ecosystem and has the same app support (7" is a much better size for ebooks honestly). That and for private pilots who many have to find ways around the fact the ipad is too big to fit in a good space in the plane (either having to hold it on their lap or have a passenger hold it vs. having a good place to mount it in the plane cause it's just too big to find a good spot to mount it in most small planes). It's *the* reason my roommate hasn't bought one yet (and he already has found software he'd love to use on it for flying).

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
Faster processor: One of the nice things about this display is viewing high MP pics, and with the current CPU some pics are taking as long as 5 seconds to clear up.

Better front facing camera: Rear one is decent, but I never use it. I use the front facing one a whole lot more for skype/facetime

Better charging mechanism: Currently takes longer than I'd like to charge. With my iPad 2 if I was low and forgot to plug it at night, I could charge it when I woke up and by the time I was leaving the house it had a healthy amount of juice. Not the case with iPad "3"

Virgo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Definitely need to improve the front facing camera. This would make FaceTime and Skype much more appealing and marketable as a feature. I also think it should have the thickness and weight and charging time of the iPad 2. That is all.

joegleur

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2011
facetime HD for the front facing camera, stereo speakers, blazing fast speed for loading anything faster than you can say "kapwing", and haptic feedback for sure.

jgunn

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2008
I would make it a bit smaller and lighter by sacrificing battery time. 7 or 8 hours would be fine. About 20% smaller.

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
There's only two things I would change:

1. Make the storage capacities 32/64/128GB. I'm not sure why this was not done already given the larger app sizes due to the need for Retina display support.

2. Name the device the iPad 3. Calling it the "new" iPad or the "3rd generation" iPad is a bit of a hassle IMO, and naming it the iPad 3 in the first place would have saved some people a lot of hassle.

----------

I'd fix the overheating issue as top priority.

If there was actually an overheating issue, then you might have a point. But both Macworld and Wired have compared the new iPad to several Android teblets and found that it runs no hotter than those models.

Booloo

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2012
Stereo speakers and a decently equipped front facing camera. That's all for now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.