How would you delete this program: Classic FTP?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HalleluYAH, Oct 3, 2007.

1. HalleluYAH macrumors newbie

I've tried deleting Classic FTP® with CleanApp®. It didn't work. It deleted like all of the folders made by Classic FTP, but the program is still starting up when I click on it's icon in my dock. Is there program that's better than the "Finder" tool, which would actually detect programs that are not easy to delete? If you know of any program that is better than that, please tell me the name of it.

The Finder tool won't even show me where this Classic FTP program is.

After I used CleanApp to get rid of the Classic FTP program more than a few times, and then the last time I put my cursor over my dock to see if the icon is no longer, I noticed that the program can still launch back up, and the filename of that program has been automatically changed to .de08f5.00f

My last attempt to delete it, didn't work out for me. I typed, that weird new filename in the Finder tool, and nothing search-results were displayed.

Thanks for reading this message. I would appreciate any decent-help.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Did you empty the trash after it was deleted? Programs will still run if they are in the trash.

3. HalleluYAH thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I emptied it/deleted the application (but not the all of the folders, which were made by that application when it was opened in my hard-drive for the 1st time.

Last night, I got program called, AppCleaner®, which deleted that Classic FTP program after I did the following things:

I selected "Applications" option on it's menu bar, and waited for AppCleaner to find the folder, in which the Classic FTP was hidden. haha Even though AppCleaner detected that FTP-application, it didn't show in which folder that FTP-program was hidden.

Anyway, it worked well enough. I was a fool for downloading that FTP-application. It's been getting horrible reviews on popular CNET-websites like:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/32770