How would you feel if the 5C was a China exclusive?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by user-name-here, Sep 6, 2013.

1. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Seems like China Mobile had huge demands from Apple (one of which being the cheaper iPhone 5C) before granting access to the biggest reservoir of people in the world.

How would you feel if the colored iPhone 5C was a China Mobile exclusive?

2. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

If I upgrade from my 4S, I wouldn't be interested in the C anyways, because I'd be looking to get the 5S.

But it is selling in the US. To me it's a no brainer to sell it here in the US as well. They will sell boatloads.

3. MJD Dawg macrumors 6502

Junction of the Pacific, Juan de Fuca & NA Plates
    No biggie.

I'd buy the discounted Nexus 4 for my kid instead. And he'd probably be happier with the bigger screen.

4. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

5. rockitdog macrumors 68020

There are a lot of analysts who initially predicted that the 5C would be for emerging markets. Wouldn't matter to most I wouldn't think because we should all be used to one new device since that's what we've always gotten anyways.

6. HobeSoundDarryl macrumors 603

HobeSoundDarryl

Hobe Sound, FL (20 miles north of Palm Beach)
    I'd feel like eBay & craigslist later that same (launch) day when "new in box" iPhone 5Cs would start appearing in volume.

As much as Apple might want to lock out countries that can pay more for the same functionality, globalization has empowered the masses to get around artificial barriers to many such products.

Sure Apple could try to make the software refuse functionality in "unauthorized countries" but can you imagine the backlash of that?

7. iPodJedi macrumors 6502a

iPodJedi

I know this is an old thread but I love my blue 5c and wouldn't trade it for a 5s...or $1000.
    I love it to death and would probably order one online.

8. IpadSC400 macrumors 6502a

IpadSC400

I would feel like the 5c fits in China. All of the colors and plastic...(not saying any of that is bad...) Just seems like a china thing.

I would feel....the same, cause to tell you the truth, I couldn't give a heck.

9. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Even the Chinese complaints the 5c is too expensive for their market.