How would you guys approach this return issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by opticflare, Apr 14, 2016.

1. opticflare macrumors member

So I'm having an issue with my carrier/Apple. I want to see how you would all approach this.

March 31st I went to the Apple store with my mother and purposed two iPhone SE's on Verizon's device payment plan. On April 1st, I returned My iPhone SE and re-activated my iPhone 6S and went about my business. The guy at the store informed me the payment plan would be cancelled.

Weeks went by, I never received a notification of the payment plan being cancelled, and a few days ago I was billed for it. I called Verizon who told me to call Apple, Verizon told me they would "handle it" in short term answer, this never happened.

I called again today, this time I got a better Verizon rep on the phone who did a three way call with a Apple employee at the store I purchased it at. After doing a bit of detective work (I actually discovered this myself, not them). The return receipt lists that the wrong SE was scanned as returned, so basically, they marked my mother's rose gold SE as the phone that was returned on the return receipt instead of mine, she still has hers and uses it.

And because of this, they can't cancel my payment plan that I am being billed for, for a phone that I returned weeks ago.

The Apple guy on the phone tried to do a override, he asked me to come to the Apple store with my mother's iPhone to do a return and some type of exception, I told them that that is unacceptable, my mother is over 60 years old, I live almost 50 miles away from a Apple store and I would have to drive and take my mother's phone who would be without a phone, then drive to the Apple store. I feel like this is their screw up and they need to fix it. I wasn't being irate at all, I was being very rational and professional. The guy told me he would talk to his manager and call me back within 1-2 days.

What would you guys do?

2. matt_on_a_mtn Suspended

I would take my mother out to a nice lunch, hit the Apple Store to get it sorted, and head home with the problem fixed and a nice afternoon spent with someone I care about.

It's a much better option than another week+ spent being belligerent on principle. Mistakes happen. They gave you a solution, so get it fixed.

3. LiveM macrumors 6502a

LiveM