How would you spend a week off?

Delighted

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
My nephew is going on spring break next week and I decided to take a week off the same time he is.We're planning some family get togethers. How would you spend a week off?

SteveAbootman

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2008
Well, earlier this year I took a week off to go on a cruise. Was a good time. I've also taken time off for a trip to Disney, and Vegas (though admittedly that was only a long weekend, I'd have probably died otherwise).

All depends on what your families interests are and what the budget is. You can have fun doing things locally, or plan an epic vacation.

Delighted

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 25, 2012
Well, earlier this year I took a week off to go on a cruise. Was a good time. I've also taken time off for a trip to Disney, and Vegas (though admittedly that was only a long weekend, I'd have probably died otherwise).

All depends on what your families interests are and what the budget is. You can have fun doing things locally, or plan an epic vacation.
well my question is more targetting everyone individually, like where would YOU go with YOUR current budget if you had a week off.

SteveAbootman

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2008
well my question is more targetting everyone individually, like where would YOU go with YOUR current budget if you had a week off.
Given that, I'd take a trip to see a friend in Dallas that I haven't seen since he's moved there. Never been to Texas, so I'd spend a few days as a tourist, and a few (well, probably most) nights enjoying the bars and clubs.

TheGenerous

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2010
I'm an Austronaut
Hiking, spending time with my girlfriend, cleaning my house and organizing my downloads, painting, photography, exercise in the morning after working on my japanese and writings, and reading books.

And most important, sleeping.

soloer

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2004
Omaha
In the summer.. some huge lake somewhere that I can camp and kayak at the entire week.

In the winter.. travel somewhere warm and be a complete slug by sitting by the pool and being a lush :)