Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duggram

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
Got a 13" MBA today. Now how do I store the old MBP?

I don't want to get rid of it. Just save it for that day when it's needed as a replacement or ?

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
Got a 13" MBA today. Now how do I store the old MBP?

I don't want to get rid of it. Just save it for that day when it's needed as a replacement or ?

Don't store it somewhere damp like a basement. If you have a reasonably dry and cool closet, that would be fine.

Auzburner

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2008
Syracuse, NY - USA
Sell it.

If you really don't want to sell it, set it up as your desktop or something. Otherwise, I'd put it in it's box, but make sure to take it out every two weeks and run, then charge the battery. You can't just put it down and expect the battery to last very long. A dry cool place would be ideal.

duggram

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
Thanks for the replies. I do have a cool dry spot for it. As for the battery, would it be OK to remove it for storage?

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Yes, you should remove the battery for long storage.

Removing the battery will also throttle the processor, if you wanted to run it as a server or something.

For storage, i'd use a pelican case in a temperature-appropriate environment, or the original box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.