How would you use a $100 off $300 coupon?

RichardF

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
New York City
I would like to monetize a $100 off $300 or more (Exl. taxes/ shipping costs) coupon at the Apple Store (exl. the education store).

How would you use a coupon like this?

Wotan31

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
How would you use a coupon like this?
You simply present the coupon to the cashier at the time of checkout. Or in the case of an online transaction, there will be a field where you can populate the coupon code to receive the discount. It's very straightforward, not complicated at all.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Or buy an an Apple Store voucher. Sell it for just under the asking price. Got the money for the voucher.

Wotan31

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2008
What are you asking? How to use the coupon to redeem your savings? Or are you asking us what item you should purchase?

RichardF

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
New York City
How to monetize the $100 or what to buy at the Apple store using it.

Ideally, I'd like to buy something and resell it to get some $$$ for it.

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
My guess you won't make much doing it. Why would someone take a chance on Craig's list to save up to $50 and what if you can't sell it on eBay- make sure whatever you buy you are alright owning if you can't sell it.

RichardF

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
New York City
True dat'.

Like you guys said, it may not be worth the effort/ aggravation in reality. It cannot even be stacked on top of the Educational Discount.

I guess, I'll get an iPod Touch as a gift for someone then.

Thank you everyone.

yojimbo1

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2006
Depending on the expiration date, I would think you could sell the certificate for $50. (I would pay that amount for it)

WotanAgain

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2009
Depending on the expiration date, I would think you could sell the certificate for $50. (I would pay that amount for it)
I have a $1.00 off coupon for General Mills brand breakfast cereals. Will you give me 50 cents for it then? :rolleyes:

solchitlins

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
Michigan
donate it to a broke college student that is saving up to buy his first Mac. refurbished "basic Mini" or possibly "basic Imac".

Thats me btw.

:)

allmIne

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2008
United Kingdom
donate it to a broke college student that is saving up to buy his first Mac. refurbished "basic Mini" or possibly "basic Imac".

Thats me btw.

Haha, nice try!

As a British person, I had the hardest time understanding the title of this thread! Two prepositions together reads strangely at the best of times, but put them between two figures and I was stumped, lol.

I got there, though... perhaps it's the late hour.

RichardF

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
New York City

How would the money exchange work? PayPal?

It expires on Dec. 26 2009, cannot be used on Apple or iTunes Gift Cards, iPhone, Apple TV, for orders in the USA only.

Thats me btw.

The coupon is not stackable: it cannot be used in the Education Store

Haha, nice try!

As a British person, I had the hardest time understanding the title of this thread! Two prepositions together reads strangely at the best of times, but put them between two figures and I was stumped, lol.
[...]

Fixed. Thanks.

yojimbo1

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2006
"How would the money exchange work? PayPal?

It expires on Dec. 26 2009, cannot be used on Apple or iTunes Gift Cards, iPhone, Apple TV, for orders in the USA only."

Sorry, expiration date makes this a no go for me. Craigslist might be a good option for you.

solchitlins

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
Michigan
I didn't really expect you to donate it to me.

but can it be used on a refurbished Mac?

That's what I'm planning on buying.

Just haven't made up my mind on what model yet.

RichardF

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
New York City
I didn't really expect you to donate it to me.

but can it be used on a refurbished Mac?

That's what I'm planning on buying.

Just haven't made up my mind on what model yet.

Yes, it should work if you buy it from the "regular store".

But in your case I think you get a break if you buy it from the Education Store, correct?

Gasu E.

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2004
Not far from Boston, MA.
Haha, nice try!

I got there, though... perhaps it's the late hour.
That's the problem with you third-worlders. We try to teach you to speak proper American-- the world language-- but you insist on sticking with your queer native jibber-jabber. ;)

solchitlins

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2009
Michigan
Yes, it should work if you buy it from the "regular store".

But in your case I think you get a break if you buy it from the Education Store, correct?
I could go the education route on a new unit, but what I have been looking at is cheaper refurbished.

So I'm probably going to go refurbished and not use the education discount.

For example I could get a 2009 2.26ghz. Mac Mini with the smallest amount of ram and a tiny hard drive for $450 refurbished "if I'm lucky, they sell so fast" then upgrade the ram and hard drive myself later on.

Or I could get the 2009 21.5" Imac for $999 refurbished

RichardF

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
New York City
I could go the education route on a new unit, but what I have been looking at is cheaper refurbished.

So I'm probably going to go refurbished and not use the education discount.

For example I could get a 2009 2.26ghz. Mac Mini with the smallest amount of ram and a tiny hard drive for $450 refurbished "if I'm lucky, they sell so fast" then upgrade the ram and hard drive myself later on.

Or I could get the 2009 21.5" Imac for $999 refurbished

Can't you get an Education Discount on refurbished items as well or are you saying it wouldn't be for as much as $100?