hows apple return policy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Harinoorvirk28, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Harinoorvirk28 macrumors member

hey guys, so due to the rumors about the macbook pro (new) i was thinking about returning mine and i was wondering do they refuse to refund because of light usage? or little 1 or 2 scratches? if anyone of you have delt with them plz let me know! thanks <3 i bought mine 5 days ago btw

2. Dmaynard83 macrumors 6502a

Dmaynard83

I think you should be fine in returning it.

3. Voodoofreak macrumors regular

I've returned two notebooks to Apple before (after 1-2 weeks of use) I got the current one I'm using. Both times, the reason was that I wanted to get a different one as the one I had purchased didn't meet my needs. Both of them were within their return window. It was a very smooth and straightforward experience. They did a general check to make sure it was the machine I had bought and took it back without an issue.

4. Harinoorvirk28 thread starter macrumors member

ok :)

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you return it within the window of the return period you should be all set.

6. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Agree with the others. Unless the "1 or 2 scratches" are viewed as damage, you shouldn't have any problem. The one time I did return a MacBook to the Apple store within 14 days, they didn't even open the box to inspect it.

7. Benny- macrumors regular

Benny-

Over the past two years we've returned 4 laptops to the Apple store within the return period. All four of us tend to buy new every year, upon taking them to the Apple store only twice have they actually opened the box that we was returning.
    Apple have an excellent and generous return policy. I bought my current 13"MBP on the 18th of this month and will probably change it for the new one should it surface tomorrow.
    Has anyone had any experience of returning a laptop to Apple a few days after the 14 day period has lapsed?