How's Craigslist these days?

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
I recently replaced a 2018 loaded MacBook Pro with an even MORE loaded MacBook Pro 2019. I always like to offset the difference in upgrade costs by selling the previous version.

I haven't sold anything on Craigslist in years due to the amount of spam emails and bogus buyers and lowball offers.

How has the experience been in more recent times? Im in NJ and have plenty of public locations, Apple Stores, and Craigslist friendly police stations to meet around my area, but is the experience still the same as years past?

Thanks in advance for any help.

aimbdd

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2008
East Cost
I recently replaced a 2018 loaded MacBook Pro with an even MORE loaded MacBook Pro 2019. I always like to offset the difference in upgrade costs by selling the previous version.

I haven't sold anything on Craigslist in years due to the amount of spam emails and bogus buyers and lowball offers.

How has the experience been in more recent times? Im in NJ and have plenty of public locations, Apple Stores, and Craigslist friendly police stations to meet around my area, but is the experience still the same as years past?

Thanks in advance for any help.
It’s still mostly the same. Tons of fake offers. I’m still able to sell things faster in there than any of the apps though. I had my watch on letgo for a month, sold in a week on cl.

mcpix

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2005
I've always had pretty good luck with Craigslist although of course you do need to filter out any flakes. It's the same with buying. About a year ago I found a MacBook Pro in a town about an hour away. I offered to bring him cash, but he wanted Venmo and to meet me in some obscure location. I passed.

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
Thanks guys. Payment is actually the next question. Is PayPal the preferred method these days? Or can I be realistic to request cash?

pshufd

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I used cash for one transaction and checks for two others - the checks were to a business. If I were the seller, then I'd request cash but I don't have a PayPal account.