Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
With many of us using the Apple Card now, I was wondering, with the card being I assume painted white and it being made of Titanium, anyone's card getting scratched up, etc from using in terminals, etc?

With me using this card now to replace my debit card, I use it a ton, and many places still do not take Apple Pay so I have to use the chip or swipe. I am surprised so far the card is not scratching up or anything, but how is everyone elses holding up?

redRAYZA

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2007
Mine has held up very well after a few swipes and chip-reads. With that said, I've read about one instance where someone dropped the card on pavement and chipped the finish. Another person on Reddit said that sand got in their pocket and caused a long scratch across the card.

It sounds like anything that would blemish the glass on your iPhone will likely blemish the white finish on your card.

Reactions: C7 POWER

decypher44

macrumors 68000
Feb 24, 2007
Orange County, CA
I still haven’t received my physical card. Status still says “ordered”, but no shipment yet. I figure I’ll give it a couple more days before contacting them.
[doublepost=1566236076][/doublepost]
I can't wait to see MacRumors doing reviews of Apple Card protectors.

Waiting for BBY to sell Zagg Glass Apple Card protectors.

btw- MR forums still doesn’t support iOS emoji???

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
I still haven’t received my physical card. Status still says “ordered”, but no shipment yet. I figure I’ll give it a couple more days before contacting them.
When did you get your digital card? They didn't notify me of shipment until it was a day away from reaching me.

My card's white layer is still fine, just impossible to keep clean as expected.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
When did you get your digital card? They didn't notify me of shipment until it was a day away from reaching me.

My card's white layer is still fine, just impossible to keep clean as expected.

The digital card is applied to your wallet the instant you get approved. Your Physical card should show up a few days later.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
The digital card is applied to your wallet the instant you get approved. Your Physical card should show up a few days later.
I know; obviously I know the digital card is in the Wallet seeing as that's where you request the physical card from. What I meant was on what day they got approved.

Last edited:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Mine has held up very well after a few swipes and chip-reads. With that said, I've read about one instance where someone dropped the card on pavement and chipped the finish. Another person on Reddit said that sand got in their pocket and caused a long scratch across the card.

It sounds like anything that would blemish the glass on your iPhone will likely blemish the white finish on your card.

Next we'll see an Apple sleeve to protect it

MacDaddyPanda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2018
Murica
:( I already got a slight scratch on the magnetic strip part. Not sure how it got there. I hadn't even used it yet. Must have happened in the wallet sandwiched to the other cards. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.