how's monoprice?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wywern209, Jul 9, 2010.

1. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

So earlier this year, monoprice got hacked and some customer info got stolen. pretty bad rite? so apparently, they beefed up the security and fixed any holes they had. so if anyone has recently bought stuff from monoprice, feel free to chime in. I want to make sure that if i do buy a toslink cable , i don't also pay for a stolen identity.:eek: if not i cna order from somewhere else but i've heard good things about monoprice but the thing where they got hacked sorta scared me.

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Use Google Checkout when paying at Monoprice, they won't get your credit card number that way.

3. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I buy from monoprice on a regular basis using paypal only. I've never had a problem.

4. Disc Golfer macrumors 6502a

A friend of mine had his bank info stolen by monoprice. They claim to have solved whatever problem on their end but I would still avoid them out of principle. They don't have anything you can't get someplace else, and usually "someplace else" aren't thieving bastards like monoprice.

5. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

Monoprice handled the breach with integrity and respect for its customers. I shopped there and will continue to do so.

6. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I've shopped at monoprice in the past and never had a problem. I'm not sure how far reaching the breach was. I'd recommend them and like others have said you can use a third party payer for increased security if that makes you feel better.

7. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

I've used Monoprice many times in the past. After the hack, I didn't buy from the site for a while. But after, I continued to use my credit card. No problems here at all.

8. wywern209 thread starter macrumors 65832

wywern209

k, it seems that using paypal would provide more security so i will utilize that. thanks for the help guys :). for helping me, you get one internet cookie.:D

9. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

I'd use google heckout. I'd bet Monoprice gets less taken out and PayPal is the devil. :mad:

10. neal.young macrumors member

Monoprice is awesome. Just pay with PayPal, and you'll be all good if you're concerned about identity theft. Their prices are absolutely unbeatable.