How's the battery life on 4.2.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DJV, Nov 7, 2010.

1. DJV, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010

DJV macrumors newbie

I was just wondering if anyone running 4.2 noticed their battery life depleting faster? My iPhone 4 battery life sucks and I'm wondering if it's because of the multitasking. Has anyone using 4.2 on their iPad noticed that?

2. Crosbie macrumors 6502a

Crosbie

I've heard some say this, but I haven't noticed anything.

I guess if you change your usage and stream music the entire time whilst you play games, the battery will run down quicker. I've carried on as usual (I use my iPad pretty constantly anyway!) and I've found the battery life just fine.

3. lozpop macrumors 6502

I have the same great battery life like before.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

My battery life on 4.2 is horrible compared to 3.2. It is the multitasking. It's the same w/ the iPhone. You just have to remember to go into MT and manually turn off apps you are done with.

I wish there was a way to turn off multitasking or even better, a soft toggle that let you manually turn on/off MT on specific apps kind of how you can turn off notifications in individual apps. MT is part blessing, part curse.

5. Fiddler70 macrumors regular

Am still on 4.2 3rd Beta.

Started trip with 100% battery life this morning. Workingfull time, multitasking, listening to music, using 3G....

Never turn off apps.

10% usage per hour. It's amazing.

You saying GM is worse??

6. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

My battery life lasted about one day using it all the day and now i've been using it for the entire day for the last three days and it is lasting about the same time as 3.2.

I really don't notice the difference, and I keep a lot of apps in the multitasking bar.

7. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

Seems the same to me.

I updated to 4.2 GM when it came out. This release, I just updated my OS, like an end-user would, so all the Apps and media stayed on my iPad.

I've been using 4.2 now for a few days, and battery life seems the same as 3.2. I'm not fooling around in multitasking to shut down any apps or disabling notifications or anything. Just using it the same way I did under 3.2.

For the earlier betas, I wiped the iPad and did a clean install with only the Apps I needed to test. (All Apps I wrote). So I really couldn't judge battery life.

8. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I do feel decrease in battery life, but not much really. I would say about 5-7 percent. I used to get solid 11 hours on my iPad. Now, I get 10 hours. Not too bad. Ad battery life was already good, and I don't find any issues with this one

9. Saberon macrumors 6502a

I would say there's a small drain in battery vs 3.2.2. I am more than willing to accept this when you compare the features of 4.2 compared to 3.2.2!

10. DJV thread starter macrumors newbie

Well that's cool. As long as it ain't significant change in battery life I don't mind. All the new features in 4.2 should be worth it. Thanks for the posts guys