Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maka344

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
Don’t really care about prints, more so the scuff marks around the trackpad and ports?

I really like the colour but worried how it might hold up overtime.

atownguy

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2020
Had mine for a week, no scuffs yet. I also have the midnight iPhone 13 mini which has aluminum rails seemingly the exact same color as the MacBook Air, that also has no scuffs on it (including no scuffs around thd lighting port) despite being almost a year old. Honestly I’m not too worried about it and think “scuffgate” is overblown.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
Had mine for a week, no scuffs yet. I also have the midnight iPhone 13 mini which has aluminum rails seemingly the exact same color as the MacBook Air, that also has no scuffs on it (including no scuffs around thd lighting port) despite being almost a year old. Honestly I’m not too worried about it and think “scuffgate” is overblown.
Yea, I don't think people cared so much about scuffs on their laptops before. But now, suddenly now it's a critical thing... :D

SmugMaverick

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
UK
No scuffs just sweaty prints 😂

It is annoying but god damn does it look sexy when clean.

I might go look at starlight in store just to see if I like it more and then ill return midnight.

carfo

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2009
No scuffs either but I also haven't plugged any USB devices in. The prints are a little bothersome to be honest but I love the color so much that I don't care. Something that's annoying is that it's not just on the chassis but even the keyboard itself gets smudgy.

booksbooks

Suspended
Aug 28, 2013
Don’t really care about prints, more so the scuff marks around the trackpad and ports?

After the first week of use, most of my M2 Midnight has melted and all I'm left with is a blob of melted metal and plastic.

• Haha
Reactions: jdb8167

canadianpj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008

I would ask again after some time. Not everyone even has one yet.

I've had mine for a week, it's just fine, no complaints at all.

LucidityStudios

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2008
no complaints at all about the finish, I use it quite a bit, but don't abuse it.
Too early to tell if the finish doesn't hold up over time, but so far so good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.