How's the palm rejection?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by unagimiyagi, Nov 16, 2016.

1. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

Hi, I am skeptical that the larger trackpads are going to be better. Is the palm rejection perfect? Because on the old pros I never even though of the word palm rejection. It was 100% perfect. Not 99%--100%. Is the new one a downgrade, because the perfect trackpad of the macbook pro is one of its main competitive advantages.

2. Mike84, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016

Mike84 macrumors 6502a

I found this thread and had to respond.

I have the 15 MBP and the palm rejection sometimes doesn't work. If you are one that types with your palms always on the trackpad, it should be fine, however, when you sometimes light them every so slightly, the trackpad will pick it up and mess things up. I have written several e-mails already and gotten overly frustrated at the fact that it is overly sensitive and moves the cursor to other parts and triggers a change in where I am writing.

3. ljjycss macrumors member

ljjycss

It works fine on 15 inch. I went through a 8 pages lab report without any cursor problem.

4. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

I have the 15inch and I am not having issues constantly, but from time to time, when I type, it shoots the cursor off to where my hand hit. I suppose it may be the way that I type -- I sometimes have my palms rise a tad bit when I am trying to reach for a particular key.

5. fokmik macrumors 68000

the 2016 has a real palm rejection. The older models does not have a good one since it wasn't so crucial