How's the value on older Apple products?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by davidg4781, Jun 11, 2012.

1. davidg4781, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

davidg4781 macrumors 68020

I was watching my local news and saw they're having a police auction and in the shots they showed some older Apple PCs and printers.

If I'm thinking of buying these to either resale for a profit (not looking for anything big, just want to make sure they find a good home) or just to keep, what should I expect to pay for them?

I'm trying to find the website to see exactly what they have.

Edit....

Ok, Lame. Seems as if they just threw a bunch of stuff on a pallet, wrapped it, and put that up for a $1 starting bid.

There is one pallet with a box for an Apple Performa. I can't tell what model or anything, but it looks like it has a separate monitor and CPU, not sure if that narrows it down. Would it be worth the hassle? The rest of the pallet looks like Dell stuff and a box of mice/keyboards.

2. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

Doesn't sound like it's worth it for a Performa era Mac.

:(

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Performa branded Macs are collectible but they have to be complete and in good shape and the paperwork and box (had cool photos on them) make them worth more.

Heavily used ones on a palette are probably only good for parts.

4. poopmonster666 macrumors newbie

A few things that will help

Here is a computer depreciation spreadsheet/calculator that calculates the value of a computer over time, based on numbers that most people go by:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ffkbcn4z4kdethf

And here is a link to a website that will give you the Introduction date and introduction price of any and all Macs:
    www.everymac.com

5. icemanjc macrumors newbie

Generally Macs hold their value very well. Much better than PC's that is, I'm surprised at how much some of the old laptops fetch these days on eBay.

6. round2ohio, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

throw $11 bucks at the pot & see what happens.