How's using a touch as PDA...Did they fix the calendr problem?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AntiKarateKid, Jul 21, 2008.

1. AntiKarateKid macrumors newbie

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/10/apple-confirms-ipod-touch-cannot-add-appointments/

Above is a link a friend gave me, it got me worried

I'm buying a macbook and getting one for free but am planning on using it as a PDA ( in addition to music etc) to boost my productivity and keep track of dates and stuff. I was just wondering about your experiences using the touch as a PDA replacement and if this calendar thing has been resolved because I really would like to keep track of my events and such.

Thanks for your help!

2. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

What calendar thing? It has a calendar, and you can add/view events.

Edit: Unless it's dramatically different from v2.0 software for the iPhone.

3. AntiKarateKid thread starter macrumors newbie

check the link man

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

The link is from last September before they even started shipping... it got fixed a long time ago.

5. AntiKarateKid thread starter macrumors newbie

Whew ok thanks. Well what do you guys think about using it as an PDA?

6. MacBlackBook22 macrumors 6502

MacBlackBook22

I love it as my PDA I am adding and deleting calendar events all the time on the touch and finding when I get home all three of my macs are up to date via push. No more Palm for me. You will love having the touch as your PDA :)

7. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

As soon as I can figure out how to sync it with Outlook 2007 my Touch will become my PDA of choice.

8. JeffTL macrumors 6502a

I think this was resolved circa November. The iPod Touch now has all of the PDA functions of the iPhone.

9. alainr macrumors regular

what software do you use to transfer the palm info to an itouch?
    did your calendar and contacts transfer accurately?

did you find software to substitute for memos? notes? word docs?

thanks

10. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

1. I was syncing my Treo to ical/addressbook already so there wasn't much to do when I got the iphone. If you were using Palm Desktop, you can export most everything to files that the Apple apps can import. Failing that, you can export to text files and then cut and paste into the equivalent apps.

2. yes, transferred fine

3. The 2.0 firmware can display MS office files (xls, doc, ppt). Not sure if the touch has a notes app, but on the iphone the notes app won't sync with the desktop. There are plenty of free iphone/touch apps for notes, but none of them sync yet.

11. Cougarcat macrumors 604

What I dont understand is why apple doesn't have a simple to-do list app (or even a to-do list in Mail) that syncs with Leopard's system-wide to-do system. It seems like such an obvious feature.