How's Windows 8 on the Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Johnny Steps, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

It's been some time since its release and I was wondering if it was okay to install it now.

Any issues?

Thanks.

2. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

Multitouch is still borked and on-screen brightness and volume displays don't work. Otherwise the Windows 7 Bootcamp drivers work just fine. There really hasn't been any official support for it yet, though.

3. jenzjen macrumors 68000

The on screen displays work, you just have to turn down DPI scaling to see them, which for some will be a non starter.

4. runebinder macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Multi touch is fixable as well on the Trackpad. When 8 is installed there will be 2 drivers for the Trackapd with exclamation marks. Right click and choose update driver. Select to browse rather than search and then Let Me Pick.

Select HID Input device. Repeat this on the second broken driver. Then right click and update and it will correctly install the Apple Multi Touch device correctly, repeat this again and restart and the Trackpad will work fine.

I'd also recommend downloading Powerplan Assistant and then Trackpad++ as this will add Windows 8 specific gestures.