How's your 5s doing for wear and tear?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by snarlz, Nov 18, 2013.

1. snarlz macrumors 6502

snarlz

One nick on the chamfered edge on mine, wish I'd kept the Apple case on.

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Mine looks just as good as the day I received it and I don't use any case with it.

3. trevpimp macrumors regular

trevpimp

4. Oui macrumors 6502

Looking just like new no nicks or scratches.
    No unnecessary case or screen protector either.

5. SlasherDuff macrumors 6502a

SlasherDuff

This

I have had my phone for a month and it still looks great. I have a case for it but rarely use it

6. 617aircav Suspended

case and screen protector on both sides, remove from case and clean and replace screen protectors every 60 days. looks like day 1, not a single flaw.

7. oldtime macrumors regular

Spigen Tough Armor case and Tech Armor screen protector. So far, flawless. I'm usually not one to treat my phone with kid gloves, but I plan on reselling this one when the 6 is released so I'm trying to keep it looking pretty.

8. ross1998 macrumors 6502a

Screen protector on front and back and a bumper case off amazon. Perfect condition.

9. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

Ditto. Mine has been naked since I got it on 10/11.

10. iRepairParts macrumors regular

iRepairParts

Still looking quite fresh! I always baby my phones and meticulously take care of them for the sake of reselling when the time comes.

11. Solitude1984 macrumors 6502

Solitude1984

I have the tough armour case too (am in love with it). No screen protector.

My phone is still in perfect condition. :)

12. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Too early to tell. My slate iPhone 5 remained perfect around this time last year, but then again, it wasn't from the batch with defective anodization. I didn't get wear on the edge until close to one year.

13. itjw macrumors 65816

My slate was from the "batch" that was coated in unobtanium and plated with diamonds (since we're just making stuff up), and never had any signs of wear and tear... because I was mildly careful with it (naked by the way). Ended up selling it to PowerOn (the company noted for being crazy about condition issues) for the FULL "like new" estimate after more than a year.

The space grey I could see holding up better to the rigors of being careless with your phone, but on the other hand, if you are expecting anything to remain "flawless" you need to treat it accordingly. There is no iPhone, past or present, that I cannot "scuff" (even the fabled 4/4S) especially given enough stupidity and/or magnifying glasses and special lighting.

If you're simply CAREFUL with your prized device you too can feel like you got a phone from the special, top-secret, unobtanium/diamond plated "batch"!

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

False. There was indeed a batch of black & slate iPhone 5 with defective anodization that wore prematurely with the black rubbing off like crazy, just as there was a batch of iPhone 5 arriving from factory full of nicks and scratches. Apple was aware of these problems and have since fixed these quality control issues.

But that's beside the OP's point. I suppose the question is, is space gray iPhone 5s wearing better than slate iPhone 5 in the long run?

15. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Screen protector and spigen ultra thin case on mine. Still looks the same as the day I got it.

16. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

My launch space grey is perfect, and I mean PERFECT. Love it!

17. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a

Dominicanyor

My 5s gold is great with the gold case that I have on.

18. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

My launch space grey is still flawless with spigen case and a glass screen protector. Back of the case is cheap and totally scratched though.

19. nickelro, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013

nickelro macrumors member

mint condition.. 1 month old - I'm rockin' it naked, as these beauties should always be rocked ;)

20. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

LifeProof Fre on my 5S and absolutely exquisite. Front protector and back skin.

21. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Nothing so far. I have my gold iPhone in a Power Support Air Jacket in Clear. REALLY like the combination. I have never had a clear case on a black phone, as any scuffs and scratches on a clear case are so visible against black. Against light colors, like light-gold and white, scuffs on the case are almost invisible. :)

22. rMBP94 macrumors newbie

Mine is looking perfect still, put the official iPhone 5/S case on it the day I got it and also a matte screen protector to ensure it stays in tip top condition! :p

23. Smartass macrumors 6502a

dont forget to buy a safe

24. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Got a couple of nicks and scratches on mine. Thats what I get for using it while falling asleep and then dropping it behind my bed :eek:

25. pittpanthersfan macrumors 6502

pittpanthersfan

Like new, though I hardly have it out of the Apple leather case.