Hows your battery life after jailbreaking on iPhone 4?

jp700p

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
When I leave my phone off the charger overnight pre-jb, it still shows 100% or 99%. After jb, its showing 93%.

Also when I did light surfing, it seems to drain more.

Also something weird happened. It was at 88% battery life when I put it on the charger. After 10 minutes, I took it off and it was still at 88%. I restarted the phone and now its showing 90%.

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
With the regularity of the seven year locusts, thus arrive the 'jb killed my battery' threads. :D

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
Huh? How's that work?
Me, too. I can't wait for the explanation for how the phone adjusts to jb.

Let's see, yep, the jb is a little tight at the shoulders, sleeves are a little long and it's really tight in the crotch. We'll adjust that and everything will be fine.

RMXO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2009
My battery has been worst. Lastnight I passed out around 80%+ and I wake up with 53%. My battery is very good normally.

Here are the JB apps I have installed:

Cydia
Lockinfo & plugins
Backgrounder
Bitesms
Installous
Terminal

I wonder if it's lockinfo that's draining my battery. If so, I'm going to have to ask a refund.

lionheartednyhc

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2009
My battery has been worst. Lastnight I passed out around 80%+ and I wake up with 53%. My battery is very good normally.

Here are the JB apps I have installed:

Cydia
Lockinfo & plugins
Backgrounder
Bitesms
Installous
Terminal

I wonder if it's lockinfo that's draining my battery. If so, I'm going to have to ask a refund.

Um. Or backgrounder? :confused:

RMXO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2009
lionheartednyhc said:
Um. Or backgrounder? :confused:
I have backgrounder on my iPad & it doesn't drain it this much but that's a possibility. I wonder if bitesms drains it a lot also.

lionheartednyhc

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2009
I have backgrounder on my iPad & it doesn't drain it this much but that's a possibility. I wonder if bitesms drains it a lot also.
Well, your ipad has a massive (actually 2) batteries. So not an equeal comparison.

Of the things you listed, only Backgrounder should affect battery.

I have lockinfo and its fine.

jp700p

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
All I installed was MyWi 4.0.

I'm running iOS 4.0

I'm at 90% battery, 46min use and 4 hours stand by

bw1128

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
app for battery percentage per app

is there an app you can download that tell you which apps are draining you battery and how much? because i seem to be losing a % every minute or so. its insane! i just dont know whats doing it, if i did i would get rid of it/them.

thanks

RMXO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2009
lionheartednyhc said:
Well, your ipad has a massive (actually 2) batteries. So not an equeal comparison.

Of the things you listed, only Backgrounder should affect battery.

I have lockinfo and its fine.
I forgot about that. You're right, that was a bad comparison. That's good to know about lockinfo

BurntReality said:
I don't think the culprit is bitesms. I would look at lockinfo or backgrounder.
I also forgot I install WinterBoard. I'm going to uninstall backgrounder & WinterBoard to see if I get any improvements.

Thanks for all the good info & ideas.

gatearray

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Auto-Brightness screwy after JB?

I just checked out auto-brightness on my iP4, and it doesn't seem to be functioning like it was before. Even in a dark room, it appears to be delivering 100% brightness... Can anyone confirm this on theirs?

For the record, I didn't download the post-JB update though Cydia to restore Facetime and MMS, I just restored from the iTunes backup I made 10 minutes prior to jailbreaking.

ainjo1919

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2008
I just checked out auto-brightness on my iP4, and it doesn't seem to be functioning like it was before. Even in a dark room, it appears to be delivering 100% brightness... Can anyone confirm this on theirs?

For the record, I didn't download the post-JB update though Cydia to restore Facetime and MMS, I just restored from the iTunes backup I made 10 minutes prior to jailbreaking.
Same here, although I never use it so it's no big deal to me

joshwithachance

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2009
I've only installed QuickReply SMS and i think it'll actually HELP my battery because I wont have to leave the lockscreen as much :D

jason221

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2009
All I installed was MyWi 4.0.

I'm running iOS 4.0

I'm at 90% battery, 46min use and 4 hours stand by
This is good, isn't it?

(46 minutes * 10 [you've used 10% of your battery; this multiplies it out for 100% usage, approximately because different things drain the battery quicker or slower]) ÷ 60min/hr = 7.67 hours of battery life.