Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mumbles01

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2015
Just trying to get a general idea of how long everybody's battery is lasting compared to mine.
I've only had my watch for a week now but my use of it is slim.
I work construction so I do not wear it throughout the day. Typically I put mine on after work around 5, I hit the gym come home & wear it until about 10pm.
So roughly 5-6 hours a day.
Now in that time frame I still barely use it. At the gym I do not use Bluetooth for music. My phone stays in the truck so I don't receive messages on it for my typical 2 hour gym time. I do use the workout app to track calories burned & check my heart rate a few times. After the gym I still hardly use it I might get a few messages or notifications but no real heavy use.
Even after having it on & barely using it in my 6 hour time frame my battery drains 35-40% every day..
I definitely don't think mine would last any where near the 18hours Apple claims it will, even with slim use.
How's your's holding up?

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
image.jpg
image.jpg

H3rman

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2015
Your 2 hour gym session with the workout app is draining your battery! You say you only check your heart rate a "few times" which is fine, but for those 2 hours the watch is reading your heart rate constantly, regardless of whether or not you check it. That will drain your battery fast.

For 1 or 2 days try it without the activity app, just use it for music at the gym and you're battery won't drain even half as much.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
battery life is fine. I've had the Watch for over a week and never had an issue getting 18 hours out of it.
The workout drains the battery. Also battery life was better after the second or third day of ownership.

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
Plenty of battery threads already but in a nutshell: 5-6 hrs usage; 30hrs standby.

It took a few cycles and much depends on what your usage is but, from, 38 mm owner, I'm happy.

Bigdog9586

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2015
Just trying to get a general idea of how long everybody's battery is lasting compared to mine.
I've only had my watch for a week now but my use of it is slim.
I work construction so I do not wear it throughout the day. Typically I put mine on after work around 5, I hit the gym come home & wear it until about 10pm.
So roughly 5-6 hours a day.
Now in that time frame I still barely use it. At the gym I do not use Bluetooth for music. My phone stays in the truck so I don't receive messages on it for my typical 2 hour gym time. I do use the workout app to track calories burned & check my heart rate a few times. After the gym I still hardly use it I might get a few messages or notifications but no real heavy use.
Even after having it on & barely using it in my 6 hour time frame my battery drains 35-40% every day..
I definitely don't think mine would last any where near the 18hours Apple claims it will, even with slim use.
How's your's holding up?

I get about 40 hrs. +/- when it hits 10% and wants me to put it in Reserve mode which is about bedtime so on the charger. I get this everyday so not a fluke.

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Now that I am done with the initial fascination, and using it during typical business days, I only use 30-40 % per day. Some days I run two days and end up about 10% when it goes to the charger at night.

Kavier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I went on a cruise last week and forgot to charge it twice. Mine was lasting about 30-36 hours before needing to be put into power conservation mode (where the watch only shows the time).

Karnicopia

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2015
I have a 38 mm and was tracking my outdoor walk to work which was a half hour each way. Took off charger around 6 am put back around 10/11 pm and I usually have about 50/60% left at the end of the day. Now I don't even use the walk activity because it seems to track the excercise fine without it. The battery did seem to get better after the first couple days or maybe I've just settled in to my normal usage. Battery works great for me.

illippinno

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
I've had my 42mm SS watch for roughly 2 weeks now, and I typically get about 2 full days use before finally putting my watch into my charger on the 2nd night.

I consider myself to have active notifications throughout the day (email, text, group me, Facebook, IG, etc.), rarely talk on my watch and my fitness/activity features are active.

My typical 2-day charging cycle starts at 8 am, and ends around 9 pm when battery would be around 55-60%, which then I put into power reserve on the first night. Once I start my day on the 2nd day, I turn power reserve off, and my 2nd day typically ends with my watch being at about 20-25% which is then I would charge it.

Mr. Y

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
If this is in another thread, please forgive me. But when I charge my watch overnight, for approximately 7 hours, it only charges to "99" -- has anyone else experienced this?

Colonel Badger

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2008
If this is in another thread, please forgive me. But when I charge my watch overnight, for approximately 7 hours, it only charges to "99" -- has anyone else experienced this?

Currently thats happened to my 1 day old 42mm Sport. I'm hoping that after i've run it down a few times it will get to 100%

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.